Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)
Create Polymesh from Instance Shapes
This ICE modeling compound merges all of a pointcloud's instances into a single polygon
mesh, which may be frozen afterwards. UVs and Materials are preserved during the operation.
For a video SWF and some more information on the compound see the si-community thread.
Note that this addon is included in Guillaume's »ICE modeling tools«
collection.
local backup: CreatePolyMeshFromInstanceShape.zip
Note that this addon is included in Guillaume's »ICE modeling tools«
collection.
local backup: CreatePolyMeshFromInstanceShape.zip
author site: http://frenchdog.wordpress.com / si-community thread
-
izze
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 24 Sep 2009, 18:02
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
Great compound. Is there any way to export the mesh with UV's?
Thanks,
Thanks,
-
pylo
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 14:46
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
i cant get it running poperly.
when comparing the simulation cloud and the polygon cloud you can see that they are noch on the same possition.
when comparing the simulation cloud and the polygon cloud you can see that they are noch on the same possition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
It looks like you've either moved the point cloud or the mesh. Just make sure that everything is at the origin.pylo wrote:i cant get it running poperly.
when comparing the simulation cloud and the polygon cloud you can see that they are noch on the same possition.
-
pylo
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 14:46
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
Ok that was the fault... thanks
My compound is still red but it seems to work so far...
Can you also help me with the shading... I cant bring the source shader on the calculated polymesh.
perhapes another tutorial that shows a bit more what you do, to get it working.
My compound is still red but it seems to work so far...
Can you also help me with the shading... I cant bring the source shader on the calculated polymesh.
perhapes another tutorial that shows a bit more what you do, to get it working.
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
You need to use the ICE attributes Materials and MaterialID to set the materials on the instance masters. Watch the swf file and look at the sample scene to see how it's set up. There's also more info about Materials and MaterialID here: http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e297728pylo wrote:Can you also help me with the shading... I cant bring the source shader on the calculated polymesh.
perhapes another tutorial that shows a bit more what you do, to get it working.
-
j3st3r
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 07:13
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
Hi
I have an issue with this stuff. I tried to use it with Instance on Curve addon, and when I adjust parameters of the delete group, it is reflected well on the generated polymesh. That's the same with random scale parameter in the compound, the generated polymesh became quite different than the pointcloud. Any idea?
I have an issue with this stuff. I tried to use it with Instance on Curve addon, and when I adjust parameters of the delete group, it is reflected well on the generated polymesh. That's the same with random scale parameter in the compound, the generated polymesh became quite different than the pointcloud. Any idea?
-
will_grello
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 20 Jan 2014, 11:42
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
@J3st3r I aam having the same issue
-
bvmadjen
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 23 Aug 2019, 20:45
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
sorry to re-raise a dead topic, but I can't download this file because of a 500 internal server error.
-
Kolya
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 03 Oct 2017, 17:17
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
hello, it's strange that it gives a link to a .zip file when it's actually .rar here is the correct link : http://si-community.com/download/lb/gla ... eShape.rar
-
M3D
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 17 Jan 2011, 08:36
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
hi guys, hi guillaume,
I hope you can read and answer me,
I'm a softimage user, I will never abandon it!!!!,
I'm very interested in your compound, I created a particle animation with realflow, imported it into softimage, inserted meshes instead of particles (grains of sand) and I want to export the animation to octane render,
octane doesn't read the particles I entered, the only way is to use your compound.
Can you give me instructions on how to use it?
Thank you!!!
I hope you can read and answer me,
I'm a softimage user, I will never abandon it!!!!,
I'm very interested in your compound, I created a particle animation with realflow, imported it into softimage, inserted meshes instead of particles (grains of sand) and I want to export the animation to octane render,
octane doesn't read the particles I entered, the only way is to use your compound.
Can you give me instructions on how to use it?
Thank you!!!
-
scon
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 13 Jan 2025, 12:33
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
Can't you just export the meshed cloud as alembic, for octane to render?
-
M3D
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 17 Jan 2011, 08:36
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
no, octane imports almbic particles but matches them with a standard geometry, a sphere, not the instances
-
scon
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 13 Jan 2025, 12:33
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
Don't export the point cloud, export the meshed cloud. As alembic and geometry only. Have a look at the example scene from guillaume. Plug the pcloud and the instance shape node into it and thats pretty much it. Don't know if you will have much fun meshing and exporting millions of points though.
-
M3D
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 17 Jan 2011, 08:36
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
Thanks for the advice, but I don't really understand how to do it
-
M3D
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 17 Jan 2011, 08:36
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
I have a scene where I see leaves, is that the scene?
-
scon
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 13 Jan 2025, 12:33
Re: Create Polygon Meshes from Instance Shapes
I don't know what you have. The rar file includes one scene. If you have downloaded that file, that's probably the scene.