not softimage but :..pmG's Dare To Share ™ $10 Challenge

New plugins, tools etc.
User avatar
Rez007
Posts: 609
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
Location: Nevada

Re: not softimage but :..pmG's Dare To Share ™ $10 Challenge

Post by Rez007 » 16 Feb 2011, 18:51

Nizar wrote:I hate export/import from different software. Prefer doing all as possible in softimage.
In any case, I touch only today SI rigging system, an I don't find it so bad, why do you want use another software for animation?
Hi Nizar,

That is not my reason for purchasing the software. Messiah will most likely end up collecting dust on my end, as I will use Softimage for everything. I basically purchased it for this reason: I had the thinking, that if a lot of individuals have purchased this software, then that might lead to potential freelance jobs/jobs in general in the future that might have Messiah as something people are looking for. So, $40 for that, is a logical decision. I too prefer to keep all of my workings in one software package, but in reality, that is not always what others are looking for. I was just playing it safe as to not look back later, and regret it like "darn, I should have bought it when it was super cheap."

User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Re: not softimage but :..pmG's Dare To Share ™ $10 Challenge

Post by Nizar » 16 Feb 2011, 22:11

Understood, never thought about this aspect.
In any case I don't buy this because now I learning and if I switch to other software my brain go in confusion :D

User avatar
Rez007
Posts: 609
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
Location: Nevada

Re: not softimage but :..pmG's Dare To Share ™ $10 Challenge

Post by Rez007 » 16 Feb 2011, 22:41

lol, yeah I know what you mean. Best to stick to one and get the hang of that before trying another - and Softimage was a great choice on your end to start with. Ever since I switched over to it from Max a while ago, I couldn't be happier. Softimage is awesome!

User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Re: not softimage but :..pmG's Dare To Share ™ $10 Challenge

Post by Nizar » 16 Feb 2011, 23:29

lol, yeah I know what you mean
nice, so I'm not the only one :D I read many forum where guys download a software, try it for a hour or less and then take a firm decision ("this software is shit" or "awesome software"). Cannot understand how they can do so, software like SI or Maya are so big an deep...
and Softimage was a great choice on your end to start with
I hope so. Actually, I find modelling great (a bit of confusion with local/global coordinate and summetry), I become from Blender, silo and Modo, so now with SI. Actually there is a possible cooperation with a studio, so stop for a bit my rendering studying and start rigging animation side. For this reason take a look at Messiah, look nice, but if we exclude autorigging, for my little experience, Blender rigging look better (IMHO)

User avatar
Rez007
Posts: 609
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
Location: Nevada

Re: not softimage but :..pmG's Dare To Share ™ $10 Challenge

Post by Rez007 » 19 Feb 2011, 16:19

Nizar wrote:nice, so I'm not the only one I read many forum where guys download a software, try it for a hour or less and then take a firm decision ("this software is shit" or "awesome software"). Cannot understand how they can do so, software like SI or Maya are so big an deep...
That would mainly be because they are biased to what they already know and are used too. When I bought Softimage, I didn't even do the 30day trial. I just read about it a lot online and what I was getting for the price at the time (They were doing a repackaging around XSI 6.0 -XSI 6.5) I just made a huge leap of faith. While I run into people using Max a lot more than anything, which is what I used in college, after using Softimage, I wish that Softimage was being taught in schools instead of Max. The organization of Softimage is top-notch, and the speed at which I work as increased dramatically because of Softimage.

dirtydog
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
Location: motherwell scotland

Re: not softimage but :..pmG's Dare To Share ™ $10 Challenge

Post by dirtydog » 21 Feb 2011, 21:35

messiah is a powerful companion to apps with poor animation tools and working seamlessly with LW gave LW users tools that it has been criticised for not having. LW10 has now introduced The new MMD tools, now all autodesk apps are a powerfull companion to LW10( maybe that's the reasoning behind dare to share?).

I have done some facerobot tests to LW10...seamlessly, but I still bought messiah pro at 40 bucks a steal.