Sky Shader issue

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Sky Shader issue

Post by Hirazi Blue » 24 Jan 2011, 08:17

Well, I wouldn't say it's useless, as the new setup for "physical sun/sky" actually does seem to mimic something resembling a true physical sun/sky, while the old system just wasn't up to that task at all. The issue I am referring to specifically here is the fact that the "photographic exposure" (that is created as part of the sun/sky setup) and the "volumetric property" do not mix. I've tried all kinds of values for both and even removing the "photographic exposure" from the setup altogether, but nothing really worked. Rork is quite probably right, that they were "never meant to work together", but unless there is some kind of confirmation from Softimage itself - even just a mention in the User's Guide that these two items don't mix - I would still consider the behavior of the "volumic property" in conjunction with the "photographic exposure" a bug. A minor one, perhaps, but still a bug...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Re: Sky Shader issue

Post by Nizar » 24 Jan 2011, 08:34

Understood, ok, I think it is a bug.