thank you. now I get to try it out.
interesting of note...
I had sent an email to someone in sales at 3Delight.
the plugin itself, for softimage, is archived. apparently, at the right price, they'd be willing to 'dig it out'.
softimage lives.
798 people online here?
-
bvmadjen
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 23 Aug 2019, 20:45
Re: 798 people online here?
I must say the 3delight plugin is a bit of a disappointment.
aside from having to change my material to 3delight -specific ones, it also crashes softimage for me.
the render quality is among the most superior I've seen. but I like stability too much.
thank you for the find.
aside from having to change my material to 3delight -specific ones, it also crashes softimage for me.
the render quality is among the most superior I've seen. but I like stability too much.
thank you for the find.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: 798 people online here?
That's surprising and too bad. I can't recall having many crashes with it... 
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
bvmadjen
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 23 Aug 2019, 20:45
Re: 798 people online here?
I found out the reason for the crashes...it's that cursed interactive renderer.
never have it on while changing shaders, otherwise, softimage will hang or crash.
I gave 3delight a second chance. it's impressive, but there's some noice I"ve noticed around the lighting in my renders...
never have it on while changing shaders, otherwise, softimage will hang or crash.
I gave 3delight a second chance. it's impressive, but there's some noice I"ve noticed around the lighting in my renders...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: 798 people online here?
Yes, that's a serious problem, but it's not 3delight-specific obviously...bvmadjen wrote: 09 Nov 2019, 19:52 I found out the reason for the crashes...it's that cursed interactive renderer.
never have it on while changing shaders, otherwise, softimage will hang or crash
Stay safe, sane & healthy!