I got mine last Saturday, after mailing to support every two days.Firebird wrote: Hi
At the moment still waiting. Im in contact with the sub center support since last week and they are looking into it. Well lets see how long it takes.
Softimage 2014
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Softimage 2014
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Firebird
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:08
- Location: Vienna
Re: Softimage 2014
So Support got it sorted and everything is fine now.
They said it was a "refresh" error so not all costumers got the downloads automatically.
They said it was a "refresh" error so not all costumers got the downloads automatically.
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Softimage 2014
Starting the license server service from a batch fileadrencg wrote:Steve, what would I add to the .bat to make that happen?
-
KLONOA WORKS
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 11:21
Re: Softimage 2014
today I install the student version .
I notice some new tools I think but I don't remember see them before .

anyway I can't use the help :/ it link me to this :
http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/softimage2014/en_us/
any tools I choose the help it direct me to same link above
is there a problem ?
I notice some new tools I think but I don't remember see them before .

anyway I can't use the help :/ it link me to this :
http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/softimage2014/en_us/
any tools I choose the help it direct me to same link above
is there a problem ?
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Softimage 2014
I agree with you, just being redirected to the main page of the user guide/help manual is not user friendly. Keeping those links updated on an ever changing user manual is a daunting task.
The tools you point to are not new. If you want information concerning any of these terms, click the index button on the user guide and enter the keyword(s) into the search field. You should be able to find the information quickly.
Here are the links as well:
Polygonizer
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... Things.htm
Assemble command for surface meshes
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... Meshes.htm
Surface Continuity Manager (SCM)
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... Meshes.htm
Surface mesh > Snap Boundary
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... daries.htm
The tools you point to are not new. If you want information concerning any of these terms, click the index button on the user guide and enter the keyword(s) into the search field. You should be able to find the information quickly.
Here are the links as well:
Polygonizer
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... Things.htm
Assemble command for surface meshes
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... Meshes.htm
Surface Continuity Manager (SCM)
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... Meshes.htm
Surface mesh > Snap Boundary
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... daries.htm
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Softimage 2014
Cool. That boosts confidence in Autodesk online services.Firebird wrote:So Support got it sorted and everything is fine now.
They said it was a "refresh" error so not all costumers got the downloads automatically.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
reberhart
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 18:28
Re: Softimage 2014
Still waiting here (and my reseller has been bugging them). I'll probably have a "refresh" error of my own when it comes time resubscribe. About ready to hop off this sinking ship.Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:Cool. That boosts confidence in Autodesk online services.Firebird wrote:So Support got it sorted and everything is fine now.
They said it was a "refresh" error so not all costumers got the downloads automatically.
-
dirtydog
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
- Location: motherwell scotland
Re: Softimage 2014
My page was refreshed on friday, but on activation it showed error as invalid serial number for this product!. New license for 2014 was installed also, wasted 3 hours and then gave up and contacted technical help.reberhart wrote:Still waiting here (and my reseller has been bugging them). I'll probably have a "refresh" error of my own when it comes time resubscribe. About ready to hop off this sinking ship.Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:Cool. That boosts confidence in Autodesk online services.Firebird wrote:So Support got it sorted and everything is fine now.
They said it was a "refresh" error so not all costumers got the downloads automatically.
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Softimage 2014
Do you have a standalone license? Because for a network license, there is no activation or validation of serial numbers.dirtydog wrote: My page was refreshed on friday, but on activation it showed error as invalid serial number for this product!. New license for 2014 was installed also, wasted 3 hours and then gave up and contacted technical help.
Since you wrote "new license ... was installed", that makes me think you have a network license.
Also, was it a 123 error?
-
dirtydog
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
- Location: motherwell scotland
Re: Softimage 2014
Hi Steve its a network license i should have and yes it was a 123 error.xsisupport wrote:Do you have a standalone license? Because for a network license, there is no activation or validation of serial numbers.dirtydog wrote: My page was refreshed on friday, but on activation it showed error as invalid serial number for this product!. New license for 2014 was installed also, wasted 3 hours and then gave up and contacted technical help.
Since you wrote "new license ... was installed", that makes me think you have a network license.
Also, was it a 123 error?
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Softimage 2014
Ah. Maybe thiswill help.dirtydog wrote:Hi Steve its a network license i should have and yes it was a 123 error.xsisupport wrote:Do you have a standalone license? Because for a network license, there is no activation or validation of serial numbers.dirtydog wrote: My page was refreshed on friday, but on activation it showed error as invalid serial number for this product!. New license for 2014 was installed also, wasted 3 hours and then gave up and contacted technical help.
Since you wrote "new license ... was installed", that makes me think you have a network license.
Also, was it a 123 error?
-
dirtydog
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
- Location: motherwell scotland
Re: Softimage 2014
Hi Steve its a network license i should have and yes it was a 123 error.[/quote]
Ah. Maybe thiswill help.[/quote]
Stopping the server then setting the config done the trick, soft 2014 now running, but as I have the maya suite, soft is the only product running. I thought all products ran with one license.
Thanks for the help.
Ah. Maybe thiswill help.[/quote]
Stopping the server then setting the config done the trick, soft 2014 now running, but as I have the maya suite, soft is the only product running. I thought all products ran with one license.
Thanks for the help.
-
dirtydog
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
- Location: motherwell scotland
Re: Softimage 2014
Finally its running, but i had to stop the auto install, then run setup.exe in unzipped folder as "run as administrator".
Thanks for all your help.
Thanks for all your help.