not sure why their colors are so weird, but once i change the people in the background around a bit and colors a bit, I'll have a crowd 50 strong with all moving parts...
one more re-arrangement for scene 375 and it'll be time to improve the models for phase 3
same exact model, changes on left. i guess it looks a little better..
and the slow steady pace at fixing the first ten minutes begins...Color matching is tough, even with the ink blotter. i will change the skinning on the turtles to match the darker images of the intro.
New Models, minus hand and feet completed for the turtles at least, it's time to slowly update the introduction for a third and final time. I want t his to be exact, with a few new fun touches now that the computer does most of the animating work.
The original shot done in May 2011 for comparison.
New sword pose for Leo. Getting 3D to match up with 2D when there is 2D trickery involved is incredibly tough. it'd also help frame by frame if the cloud animation matched and didn't jump around into different shapes like it does in the source material...
All shots with the Turtles and buildings only are being worked on first... Then I'll go on to finalizing the April Model and fix those next. I think these Turtles are as close as I can get to the source material after almost 12 years of working in CG.
Bottom part is all done, minus one building and some color correction, detail fixup. In the original intro, the buildings are basically just lines, no real detail. here, i'm trying to make it look a little new york. Grocery store in the background, pub on the right, car park on the left...Not sure what the fourth missing building should be yet.
Also, you know those lines that show the panning from top of buildings to bottom? Can I replicate that using camera filters? much easier than reproducing 10 frames of lines..
updated youtube link....won't update it again until it's complete..moving along pretty fast this time, 16 seconds in already.
Turtle Model, I think is a final. April gets worked on next till she is a final. Then i'll move on to Splinter, then Shredder. And i'll have all the models needed to complete the third, and final time for the intro, hopefully..