Comments on work in progress
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 04 May 2014, 21:05
I spent some more time sketching and I have pretty clear idea now about how i want it to look
so now I'm trying to find out, if I could generate parts of the ground in ICE and then add some specific models by hand...

-
grendizer
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 10:41
- Skype: uforobotgrendizerus
Post
by grendizer » 04 May 2014, 22:42
Very nice!
What app you use for sketching? And hardware?
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 04 May 2014, 22:54
I'm using Sketchbook Pro 2010. It doesn't have many features, but I love how pencil works there...
and I have Intuos 5 (hate those touch things on the side) and very old laptop
here is a bigger test scene and it's quite far from what I want, but I believe it will get there once I use better models for scattering

-
grendizer
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 10:41
- Skype: uforobotgrendizerus
Post
by grendizer » 05 May 2014, 08:26
Thanks for the answers!
I'll hope you'll find a way to scatter these stones using ICE!
Sorry for the following basic questions
Do you use the default fog Inside Softimage?
How do you create the halo of light in the background?
What's the advantage of Sketchbook over Photoshop?
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 28 May 2014, 19:27
grendizer wrote:Thanks for the answers!
I'll hope you'll find a way to scatter these stones using ICE!
Sorry for the following basic questions
Do you use the default fog Inside Softimage?
How do you create the halo of light in the background?
What's the advantage of Sketchbook over Photoshop?
hey. sorry for not replying earlier...
it's arnold volume scattering with one light in distance. that is also creating the halo effect
sketchbook just feels better when sketching. you should try. there is trial or even a little limited copic edition version somewhere
and now a little bit more OT:
i got it finally fired, so here is my softimage tea set

-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 09 Oct 2014, 12:38
uf, another finished image. after losing all my recent projects in a hard-drive accident :/
well, at least i'm using cloud for backups now...
Field archery

-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Post
by mattmos » 09 Oct 2014, 14:52
Sorry to hear about the hard drive - that sucks! (and reminds me I need to backup ;)
Another lovely image, you always have such a nice balance of tone and colour in your images.
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 11 Mar 2015, 13:32
Last edited by milanvasek on 11 Mar 2015, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 11 Mar 2015, 13:45
I don't mind the image-heavy post, I actually enjoy the content very much,
but you might want to utilize our "rimg=" tags to resize the images ever so slightly for "normal" browser use.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Post
by MauricioPC » 11 Mar 2015, 15:41
Damn Milan, crazy good work here. Impressive.
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Post
by FXDude » 11 Mar 2015, 18:13
Wow all just So awesome!
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 12 Mar 2015, 13:44
thanks, im glad you like it
here is one more version of the forest scene. simply having fun with lights

-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Post
by Caveman » 13 Mar 2015, 13:38
Very fine works

-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Post
by SamHowell » 13 Mar 2015, 15:06
TEAPOTS!!!
Great stuff as always Milan. Don't ever stop.
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 30 Mar 2015, 15:38
thank you
another projects, for fantasy and D&D fans

(oh, i miss those days...)
it's generated with ICE, controlled only by weightmaps on simple grid and several curves. I decided to use instances for the main land instead of geometry because of the small details on the edges and it is also much easier to draw quite rough curve compared to modeling actual geometry

-
wireframex
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 21:02
- Location: France
Post
by wireframex » 30 Mar 2015, 16:56
Wow
Very "ICE" clean map !!!

"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory