Softimage 2014

News concerning 3D DCC business
punchatz
Posts: 17
Joined: 13 Jul 2009, 18:29

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by punchatz » 14 Apr 2013, 23:37

My subcription page does not show a new download for my suite, just my older versions. Does anyone else have this issue?

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by adrencg » 15 Apr 2013, 00:28

xsisupport wrote:
I got the serial number to go in after uninstalling and reinstalling, but when I try to run 2014, it says "no interactive license to run Softimage". BUT, 2013 will run fine.
I'm going to assume you have a network license. Did you download your 2014 license?
??[/quote]

ahhh....that's probably it.

I just got a new license file for my new hardware about a week ago(before installing 2014). Can you tell me exactly what I should do to update the 2013 flex license to a 2014?

Thanks for the help Mr Blair.

dirtydog
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
Location: motherwell scotland

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by dirtydog » 15 Apr 2013, 02:02

punchatz wrote:My subcription page does not show a new download for my suite, just my older versions. Does anyone else have this issue?
yes mine are still 2013

angus_davidson
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
Skype: ithacapellin

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by angus_davidson » 15 Apr 2013, 06:27

dirtydog wrote:
punchatz wrote:My subcription page does not show a new download for my suite, just my older versions. Does anyone else have this issue?
yes mine are still 2013
Are you you renewed your sub?

I have had that before , where we thought we had , but due to a University buying office error we actually hadnt.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

dirtydog
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
Location: motherwell scotland

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by dirtydog » 15 Apr 2013, 07:37

angus_davidson wrote:
dirtydog wrote:
punchatz wrote:My subcription page does not show a new download for my suite, just my older versions. Does anyone else have this issue?
yes mine are still 2013
Are you you renewed your sub?

I have had that before , where we thought we had , but due to a University buying office error we actually hadnt.
Yes mine runs until 28th may plus the 30 day grace, also there are no 2014 serial or product numbers, only for 2013.
Last edited by dirtydog on 15 Apr 2013, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.

angus_davidson
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
Skype: ithacapellin

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by angus_davidson » 15 Apr 2013, 07:39

Well its definitely visible in mine (downloaded the 10Gig Windows 64 installer).

I can only suggest you contact the support to find out why.

Good luck!
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by xsisupport » 15 Apr 2013, 09:55

adrencg wrote: ahhh....that's probably it.

I just got a new license file for my new hardware about a week ago(before installing 2014). Can you tell me exactly what I should do to update the 2013 flex license to a 2014?

Thanks for the help Mr Blair.
After you get the new license file, you have to go into LMTOOLS and point it to the new license file.


Getting and installing a new network license (video, 2012)

Installing a new license (text, 2011)

Getting a network license for a new version
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 15 Apr 2013, 11:58

Are the suites available for download now for anyone? Mine still isn't.
I'm now part of an endangered species...

User avatar
Firebird
Posts: 81
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:08
Location: Vienna

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by Firebird » 15 Apr 2013, 12:28

Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:Are the suites available for download now for anyone? Mine still isn't.
No
I´m also waiting for the Creation Suite to appear in the sub center

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 15 Apr 2013, 13:33

Firebird wrote:
Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:Are the suites available for download now for anyone? Mine still isn't.
No
I´m also waiting for the Creation Suite to appear in the sub center
That's Autodesk for you: the more you pay, the less service you get.
I'm now part of an endangered species...

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by adrencg » 15 Apr 2013, 16:50

xsisupport wrote:
adrencg wrote: ahhh....that's probably it.

I just got a new license file for my new hardware about a week ago(before installing 2014). Can you tell me exactly what I should do to update the 2013 flex license to a 2014?

Thanks for the help Mr Blair.
After you get the new license file, you have to go into LMTOOLS and point it to the new license file.


Getting and installing a new network license (video, 2012)

Installing a new license (text, 2011)

Getting a network license for a new version
Got it straightened out. Thanks Stephen

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by adrencg » 15 Apr 2013, 17:39

Stephen, are you still at Autodesk? I thought you moved to SolidAngle.

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by xsisupport » 15 Apr 2013, 17:54

adrencg wrote:Stephen, are you still at Autodesk? I thought you moved to SolidAngle.
That's right, I am at Solid Angle now (I was part of the 7% workforce reduction at Autodesk last August).
Some old habits (like answering Softimage licensing questions) die hard.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by adrencg » 15 Apr 2013, 18:19

xsisupport wrote:
adrencg wrote:Stephen, are you still at Autodesk? I thought you moved to SolidAngle.
That's right, I am at Solid Angle now (I was part of the 7% workforce reduction at Autodesk last August).
Some old habits (like answering Softimage licensing questions) die hard.
When you look at Autodesk letting go people like you, it's just so obvious they don't "get it".

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 16 Apr 2013, 11:47

I got a download link after writing to subscription support yesterday. They were telling me, they were "working" on my serial number.
Still no serial today and nothing in my subscription downloads. I'm as far as I was with the trial.
I'm now part of an endangered species...

Chris_TC
Posts: 411
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by Chris_TC » 16 Apr 2013, 20:35

xsisupport wrote:
adrencg wrote:Stephen, are you still at Autodesk? I thought you moved to SolidAngle.
That's right, I am at Solid Angle now (I was part of the 7% workforce reduction at Autodesk last August).
Some old habits (like answering Softimage licensing questions) die hard.
It's great you're kind of still with us! :)