constraining to local axis doesn't work when animating.

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
bvmadjen
Posts: 32
Joined: 23 Aug 2019, 20:45

constraining to local axis doesn't work when animating.

Post by bvmadjen » 15 Jun 2025, 18:26

I'm using Softimage 2015 SP2-R2.
I was attempting to animate a piston (piston, piston rod, and crankshaft) to simulate a two stroke engine.
It only works if I use a global constraint for the piston. if I attempt to do a local constraint, it doesn't work at all, which makes constraining virtually useless (since Softimage, by default, uses global transformations for animation).
I've used expressions to only allow movement on a specified axis (z), and it doesn't work at all.

opoppopopp
Posts: 213
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 04:23

Re: constraining to local axis doesn't work when animating.

Post by opoppopopp » 16 Jun 2025, 15:31

post that error scene, or video, or screenshots, otherwise people won't be able to identify the error.