(I can't tell, as I haven't tried any of them yet)
edit - but judging from the comments on this page @ Stephen Blair's Support Blog,
I think I see what you might mean...
Almost everyone of them cause instant crash of the package.Hirazi Blue wrote:(I can't tell, as I haven't tried any of them yet)
print Application.GetObjectFromID2(0)Hirazi Blue wrote:edit - but judging from the comments on this page @ Stephen Blair's Support Blog,
I think I see what you might mean...
Logged it. And blogged it at ex-si support where I show how to check the ID first to workaround the crash.iamVFX wrote:Almost everyone of them cause instant crash of the package.Hirazi Blue wrote:(I can't tell, as I haven't tried any of them yet)
How can you add a function to the final product without even running it?
print Application.GetObjectFromID2(0)Hirazi Blue wrote:edit - but judging from the comments on this page @ Stephen Blair's Support Blog,
I think I see what you might mean...
Thanks, Steve. But it's not only GetObjectFromID2xsisupport wrote:Logged it. And blogged it at ex-si support where I show how to check the ID first to workaround the crash.






If you know that you are TOTALLY OFFTOPIC then why do you post HERE?McNistor wrote:Hey, I'm totally off-topic here, but I don't feel like opening a new thread just for this:
is there any way to bind to a hotkey the option switch Extrude/Duplicate in the drop-down "duplicated items > polygons" from Duplicate Options preferences?
I find myself switching quite often while modeling and I really hate buttons so dragging the command script line onto a toolbar to create a button is my last option, but I'll do it if there's no other way.
Thanks!
Code: Select all
// JScript
var prefs = Application.Preferences;
CurrentValue = (GetUserPref("duplicate.polygons") );
prefs.SetPreferenceValue( "duplicate.polygons", 1 - CurrentValue );
var modelog = CurrentValue == 1 ? "Duplicate" : "Extrude"
logmessage (modelog)
I just said, so that I won't open a new thread for what I believe to be a "not so important" thing.myara wrote:If you know that you are TOTALLY OFFTOPIC then why do you post HERE?McNistor wrote:Hey, I'm totally off-topic here, but I don't feel like opening a new thread just for this:
is there any way to bind to a hotkey the option switch Extrude/Duplicate in the drop-down "duplicated items > polygons" from Duplicate Options preferences?
I find myself switching quite often while modeling and I really hate buttons so dragging the command script line onto a toolbar to create a button is my last option, but I'll do it if there's no other way.
Thanks!
Anyway you'll need to write a script, make it a command to assign it a key.
I though I could also use that so I wrote it.It will toggle between Duplicate and Extrude every time you run it and log the current mode.Code: Select all
// JScript var prefs = Application.Preferences; CurrentValue = (GetUserPref("duplicate.polygons") ); prefs.SetPreferenceValue( "duplicate.polygons", 1 - CurrentValue ); var modelog = CurrentValue == 1 ? "Duplicate" : "Extrude" logmessage (modelog)

Ahahahha, that's like a slap in the face.bottleofram wrote:
I'm not aware of any 2013-specific issues related to creating keyboard shortcuts for scripts.Hirazi Blue wrote:I agree it wasn't "totally off-topic" (although it would easily have warranted its own thread). But myara's reaction was "understandable" as you yourself explicitly stated "I'm totally off-topic here" at the beginning of your post. myara, however, did try to help, so I'd say there is no actual harm done here... It's true, however, we all should relax a little...
;)
PS - And no, this isn't a reprimand, this is yet another attempt to clear the air...![]()
The Node Editor in Maya is still in its early stages, its got some way to go before it matches the Hypershade/Hypergraph, but it could get there. I find it ok to use, but at present I use it more of a replacement for Maya's Connection Editor.bottleofram wrote: Had a chance to look into new maya as well:
- Node editor is a joke. At least it has a [tab] node creation menu (cant forgive softimage devs for ignoring such an obvious feature). Other than that, its far from being user friendly or even useful at this point.
...and found this in the prefs:
Its just mocking you right now, but hopefully its a base for a future softimage interaction model... Or maybe not. Time will tell.
Makes sense...Bellsey wrote:Regarding the Interaction Mode pref, it will only show Maya only, because you're not using a Suite. If you had installed a Suite, there would also be a 'Suites mode'. Hence the reason for adding a 3ds Max mode to Softimage. A Maya/Max user, when using a Suite can now use that respective softwares 'mode' across all the products in the Suite.
Not quite, there is a Max interaction mode as well. Max users can use that interaction mode for the Suite - except Maya. Maya doesn't have a Max user mode at the moment.bottleofram wrote:Makes sense...Bellsey wrote:Regarding the Interaction Mode pref, it will only show Maya only, because you're not using a Suite. If you had installed a Suite, there would also be a 'Suites mode'. Hence the reason for adding a 3ds Max mode to Softimage. A Maya/Max user, when using a Suite can now use that respective softwares 'mode' across all the products in the Suite.
Actually, it doesn't. Since you guys now offer an Ultimate Suite, which contains all this packages, a reasonable thing would be to offer a choice. Instead, you have only maya mode in all 3 so basically one group of users is well accommodated...