Hi Communityvektrex wrote:Fuck Autodesk.
I used Softimage everyday for the last 12 years.
Even when I wasn't working on a paid job I opened it and made a cube or a sphere or some particles system in ICE, just to let my hands go, without thinking.
It's a pleasure.
The smoothness, the flow of the interface.
Softimage let me think the way I wanted, made things the way I wanted, not the way the interface forced me.
Since I decided to work with visuals for my life I recognized Softimage the best way to work with.
I used for everything, from sketching and designing to render and finalizing.
It helped me to think.
It was my partner for 12 years and I'm still in love with it.
And I want to spend many years more together.
I don't want to be the marketing target of a slimy corporation anymore.
Let's get Softimage back.
Let's create a FOUDATION, like the blender foundation.
Creating sort of a fork of Softimage.
The third incarnation after Softimage|3D and Softimage |XSI.
A freed one.
Why don't we meet and talk about that?
We can use the Softimage Uber Tage, at least in Europe, to discuss the possibility.
I know its kind of a dream, and a hard one to realize.
But what the community showed with the vision and efforts in their works ( from the plugins to the pieces of art produced) is that talented people can achieve anything.
It requires a lot of time and money.
We have to put ours.
This is my first post here, although I am watching this site for quite long. Vektrex's idea is great IMHO. I can imagine something very similar:
It would be really great, to create user's donated foundation, which goal will be to create frontend layout, and user interface with all the sweet things we are in love so much (midlde mouse click to repeat, selecting, transforming, ppg's, etc...)
Foundation will be directly cooperating with Fabric Engine guys, to create this new layout and user interface around FE.
Result - Artist, and logic friendly interface, with beast engine inside.
I know. Long process.. But in my case, if something like this will be possible, I am instantly ready to put my money there (instead of putting it into another Autodesk crap).
ASIL