naa, I have't been detoured, and I like the script. It was actually very enjoyable to read, and very well illustrated.
I'm liking a lot of the script, but had to think twice about having any dialog. I guess it could really go either way, but maybe we could get away with just mumbles,grunts and groans. just and Idea though, It's great either way.
One hole I do see in the story is with the dating site and the ratings from previous girls/dates. I suspect, being a vampire that the dates he does pick up from the site don't exactly make it back home afterwards. Obviously then not being able to leave a rating. But who knows, I almost think it's something that will just go right over the viewers head, Or just be filled in with the viewers imagination.
and Just to throw some more ideas out there.
the beginning seems kinda long and boring. the story and background obviously need to be set, but maybe there's other way to go about it. I personally like it when a 'short' starts off with character work, to grab attention. Then through introducing conflict, emerges a background story/character background (conflict being no more blood, and background story being the painting of his father/grandfather/whomever and overall character persona) It could be fun to at one point have him go check the fridge for more blood and while on his way, passing through a hallway with generations of great and mighty vampires. -a fridge shot could be really fun too, I picture a shot of the fridge opening to something similar to a Ren and Stimpy cartoon when they show a closeup of a horse's/Guys face very disgusting, gross, and detailed.
empty fridge - storms off back to his computer through the hallway again. (maybe cause he's so lazy, both the hallway shots are of him rolling across sitting in his desk chair.
Maybe (and this is probably more storyboard stuff) but when he's imagining the smoking hot pizza delivery girl delivering pizza to him, we could have the camera tighten in on a 'thought cloud' above his head to a 2D/or 3D (I know this is about softimage) animation of the smoking hot pizza girl delivering a pizza to his door. Similar to "Oktapodi"
http://vimeo.com/4352688 at about 28 seconds in.
I think everything else is golden. Great job with a 1st draft. Hopefully we can get some more input. But even so, how it is already, I really like it.
Anybody else?
All the Best!