Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
-
mkr
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 11:59
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
So it's basically Softimage 2013 SP2.
yay, my first post after years of lurking
yay, my first post after years of lurking
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
Wow!
If that is it for this release then I think I'm done with Softimage! What the hell have the new development team been doing for a year?
But if Autodesk think this poor showing will make me move to Max/Maya/Suite they have another think coming. I moved over from Lightwave and looking at what version 11.5 offers, I shall be moving back!

VERY DISAPPOINTED!
If that is it for this release then I think I'm done with Softimage! What the hell have the new development team been doing for a year?
But if Autodesk think this poor showing will make me move to Max/Maya/Suite they have another think coming. I moved over from Lightwave and looking at what version 11.5 offers, I shall be moving back!
VERY DISAPPOINTED!
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
A few word from the IT Department and The Executive at AD!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
second that...mkr wrote:So it's basically Softimage 2013 SP2.
yay, my first post after years of lurking
(not sure, maybe under a different light)
half a year, even a year delay with a change of development teams I'd say is perfectly ok for an app of this size and complexity. Some of those little bugs you can sit on for weeks.
Well, about half the year worth of maintenance fee is a different subject but it doesn't justify a ragequit imho.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Sil3
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 21:17
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
luceric wrote:I'd like to see a thread about what could be changed in Maya to make better for a Softimage user's point of view.. I mean if you have to bite the bullet some day and switch..
maybe this is what Luc was trying to tell us
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
I think my anger is justified when I only recently paid £650 maintenance!
If releases like this are all we are going to get in the future, the least they can do is offer us a cheaper subscription option!
If releases like this are all we are going to get in the future, the least they can do is offer us a cheaper subscription option!
-
gaboraa
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
Ok this cannot be the whole new feature list if so this time I will surely try to look at other packages but I still have hopes and waiting impatiently for the announcement
-
bottleofram
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:21
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
Laughter is the best medicine, they said...Daniel Brassard wrote:A few word from the IT Department and The Executive at AD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEd0_rm6kU
-
mkr
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 11:59
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
I wouldn't be surprised if Maya 2014 is equally disappointing and the only new "additions" are those seen in sneak peeks.
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
No need to ragequit. Just use what you have and stop paying people in advance without even getting a roadmap or anything. Pay when they deliver!rray wrote:second that...mkr wrote:So it's basically Softimage 2013 SP2.
yay, my first post after years of lurking
(not sure, maybe under a different light)
half a year, even a year delay with a change of development teams I'd say is perfectly ok for an app of this size and complexity. Some of those little bugs you can sit on for weeks.
Well, about half the year worth of maintenance fee is a different subject but it doesn't justify a ragequit imho.
That´s how market works. That´s the only thing that changes anything: money. And if they don´t deliver? You have lost nothing.
BOYKOTT SUBSCRIPTION!
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
AgreeLord Futzi Voldemort wrote:No need to ragequit. Just use what you have and stop paying people in advance without even getting a roadmap or anything. Pay when they deliver!rray wrote:second that...mkr wrote:So it's basically Softimage 2013 SP2.
yay, my first post after years of lurking
(not sure, maybe under a different light)
half a year, even a year delay with a change of development teams I'd say is perfectly ok for an app of this size and complexity. Some of those little bugs you can sit on for weeks.
Well, about half the year worth of maintenance fee is a different subject but it doesn't justify a ragequit imho.
That´s how market works. That´s the only thing that changes anything: money. And if they don´t deliver? You have lost nothing.
BOYKOTT SUBSCRIPTION!
I'll wait the official release, I hope this was an error or a uncompleted list.
As another said, why bother downloading, install softimage and re-install all plugin, keymapping, preference etc.?
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
so glad I didnt renew my sub...
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
Autodesk don't make it easy though do they? They've made non-maintenance upgrades so expensive, you pretty much have to go the subscription route!Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:No need to ragequit. Just use what you have and stop paying people in advance without even getting a roadmap or anything. Pay when they deliver!
That´s how market works. That´s the only thing that changes anything: money. And if they don´t deliver? You have lost nothing.
BOYKOTT SUBSCRIPTION!
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
So don´t upgrade! With this pace of development it´ll take years until you actually ave something that is worth upgrading. In the meantime you will see, that most relevant achievements come from third parties like fabricengine or exocortex or mootzoid.azurecgi wrote:Autodesk don't make it easy though do they, they've made non-maintenance upgrades so expensive, you pretty much have to go the maintenance route!Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:No need to ragequit. Just use what you have and stop paying people in advance without even getting a roadmap or anything. Pay when they deliver!
That´s how market works. That´s the only thing that changes anything: money. And if they don´t deliver? You have lost nothing.
BOYKOTT SUBSCRIPTION!
You lose nothing. There have always been upgrade specials in the last years, and the more AD need looses subscriptions the more often you will see upgrade specials or promos! Guys, stop play the game. No one can live on promises.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
mkr
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 11:59
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
But if you dont renew or buy new versions, then Autodesk will go "look nobodys upgrading/buying this software any longer, let's discontinue the thing". So it's a lose-lose situation.
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
Awesome, new GPU CUDA stuff! My AMD card wants to thank Autodesk for such a great decision