Hey guys,
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... 4&t=878019
this is a tool someone has made in maya, its called Fstretch, looks pretty cool for doing skin deformations which should compute really quite quick for tension deformations.
basically i thought this tool was quite cool and was thinking it would be cool to have it in XSI.
whats do you guys think to this tool?
so i thought instead of trying to develop this myself,why not a few people chip in and we could try and make it together? community type project. I know a bit of ICE, which would definately be cool for this type of tool. pretty much the hardest bit will be the calculating the tension map? and im sure i saw a compound already out there to do this?
would people find this tool useful?
cheers
Sweeney
FStretch for maya? port to XSI?
-
ximage
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 08:49
FStretch for maya? port to XSI?
Last edited by ximage on 19 May 2010, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: FStretch for maya? port to XSI?
That tool does look nice. I especially like the cloth wrinkles.
When you post links, make sure to use url tags, so they are clickable.
Tension compound is on http://rray.de/xsi/ . Not sure if this works; If not, search on his site "Tension" - http://rray.de/xsi/bak/rray/rraysSurfPropNodes.zip
When you post links, make sure to use url tags, so they are clickable.
Tension compound is on http://rray.de/xsi/ . Not sure if this works; If not, search on his site "Tension" - http://rray.de/xsi/bak/rray/rraysSurfPropNodes.zip
-
ximage
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 08:49
Re: FStretch for maya? port to XSI?
Hey.
yeh the wrinkles look really cool dont they. oops sorry about the link.
yeh i found the Rray's compound, work really well.
been testing it. and i got some where with in within and hour or so. il post a test scene when i get a bit further with it.
cheers
Sweeney
yeh the wrinkles look really cool dont they. oops sorry about the link.
yeh i found the Rray's compound, work really well.
been testing it. and i got some where with in within and hour or so. il post a test scene when i get a bit further with it.
cheers
Sweeney
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: FStretch for maya? port to XSI?
Let's dig up an old thread...
Something to check out maybe:
over at the XSIBase "jo_b" presents an ICE Compound to be used in conjunction with Reinhard Claus' Tension compounds (not Reinhard Claus' (non-ICE) "Tensionmap" as "jo_b" confusingly calls it in his post) to create
Smart Deformations like FStretch ;)
Something to check out maybe:
over at the XSIBase "jo_b" presents an ICE Compound to be used in conjunction with Reinhard Claus' Tension compounds (not Reinhard Claus' (non-ICE) "Tensionmap" as "jo_b" confusingly calls it in his post) to create
Smart Deformations like FStretch ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: FStretch for maya? port to XSI?
Btw please anyone feel free to include Tension inside your own distributions (as opposed to listing it as a requirement - will make setup a little easier for the users)
Would like to update the compound so edge clusters can be excluded/included in the tension computations, but being completely out of the ICE loop, failed so far.
Would like to update the compound so edge clusters can be excluded/included in the tension computations, but being completely out of the ICE loop, failed so far.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Pete
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28
Re: FStretch for maya? port to XSI?
Hi there,
Does anyone know where I could get the stress/tension map. I can't for the life of me find an ICE one.
Thanks
Pete
Does anyone know where I could get the stress/tension map. I can't for the life of me find an ICE one.
Thanks
Pete
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: FStretch for maya? port to XSI?
Hi Ximage,
yes I'm still as interested as I was last year when the thread on XSIBase appeared. I've used it on some characters and I think it basically just adds a nice extra layer of (mostly wrinkle-like) deforms that cost little time to set up or compute. The stuff in the example (maya)video is more impressive, I would love to get that level in SI.
I can do some stuff in ICE but I'm afraid this would be above my skills.
yes I'm still as interested as I was last year when the thread on XSIBase appeared. I've used it on some characters and I think it basically just adds a nice extra layer of (mostly wrinkle-like) deforms that cost little time to set up or compute. The stuff in the example (maya)video is more impressive, I would love to get that level in SI.
I can do some stuff in ICE but I'm afraid this would be above my skills.