Could be just me, but it seems the ICE Tree View in SI2011.5 is rather sluggish
compared to SI2011SP1 (in the "dual" layout, if that matters)
and crawls to a halt when dragging Lagoa nodes onto it...
Anyone?
;)
SAP ICE Tree sluggish?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
SAP ICE Tree sluggish?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: SAP ICE Tree sluggish?
Been thinking at first it could be that you have 3D optimization set to single-screen, then realized in that case nothing should display at all an the second monitor... maybe still worth a check.
I have some issues with Viewport A and the PPG sidebar not displaying (showing a grey pane) sometimes. Still tracking this down, whether it's a graphics card issue or something else before logging it.
I have some issues with Viewport A and the PPG sidebar not displaying (showing a grey pane) sometimes. Still tracking this down, whether it's a graphics card issue or something else before logging it.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: SAP ICE Tree sluggish?
The only thing I ever noticed was that when I first drop in a Lagoa Simulate Multiphysics compound, it can take 3-5 seconds.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SAP ICE Tree sluggish?
Hmm, concerning Lagoa that could very well be it,
(...I'm not sure what I've been dragging in first...)
Thanks for the info!
Any reason why this happens?
(...I'm not sure what I've been dragging in first...)
Thanks for the info!
Any reason why this happens?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: SAP ICE Tree sluggish?
I'm afraid not, I haven't seen the internals of that compound.
I just know by observation and by Process Monitor that it takes a few seconds to load that beastie.
I just know by observation and by Process Monitor that it takes a few seconds to load that beastie.
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: SAP ICE Tree sluggish?
there is no code change in Softimage's ICE tree in the SAP.
drag and dropping large compounds is not as instantaneous as we would hope, especially the first time when it scans on disks to resolve and cache everything. It's the same as previous versions.
drag and dropping large compounds is not as instantaneous as we would hope, especially the first time when it scans on disks to resolve and cache everything. It's the same as previous versions.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SAP ICE Tree sluggish?
Well, I hadn't encountered lags like the one with the "Lagoa Simulate Multiphysics" compound before, so I got a little bit worried. Now I know I'll just have to sit back and wait a few seconds. I can live with that! It was not knowing what was going on, that was giving me a hard time... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: SAP ICE Tree sluggish?
I heard the lagoa multi-physics compound is so huge, it has its own zip code.
seriously, it's non-trivial compared to the factory nodes
seriously, it's non-trivial compared to the factory nodes
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SAP ICE Tree sluggish?
FYI - I deleted my initial response to luceric's post as it linked
to a website ("instant rimshot") that Google claims to be unsafe...

to a website ("instant rimshot") that Google claims to be unsafe...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!