Hello, correct me if I´m wrong but...is it possible to have a final gathering pass? I´ve read the manual and it talks about Image base lighting (HDR images) and combinating these with FG.
I´ve been following the information about framebuffers, but I haven´t seen anything that explains how to render out a final gathering pass.
Has anyone else tried this?
Thanks.
Bests.
Xsi Final gathering pass
-
sirdavid32
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 03:36
- Location: Ecuador
Xsi Final gathering pass
Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/3dcinetv
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Xsi Final gathering pass
As far as I can tell, the "Image Based Lighting" pass would be the easiest way to set up a pure FG pass...
Create an "Image Based Lighting" (HDRI) pass, during its setup tell Softimage to "YES use an existing image clip", choose the "noIcon.pic". Next you remove the whole automatically created environment shader from the "Environment Pass Shaders" list and make sure "FGEnable" is checked. Hey presto, a FG pass... (I hope...)
Create an "Image Based Lighting" (HDRI) pass, during its setup tell Softimage to "YES use an existing image clip", choose the "noIcon.pic". Next you remove the whole automatically created environment shader from the "Environment Pass Shaders" list and make sure "FGEnable" is checked. Hey presto, a FG pass... (I hope...)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
sirdavid32
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 03:36
- Location: Ecuador
Re: Xsi Final gathering pass
I read elsewhere on how to render just finalgather point file and reuse it trough the animation. I think this is of some help also. Thanks!
Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/3dcinetv
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com
-
Soth3dlife
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 08:38
Re: Xsi Final gathering pass
FG is irradiance data. You could create an Irradiance channel from the window pass. I usually create Channels unless I need to use any override or partitions or an specific output shader like shadow pass or matte. In this case, one way could be create an Irradiance channel