anyheart

XSculpt_XCutEdge_XPaintTool Tools for Sculpting and Multi-Cut edges

Post by anyheart » 22 Feb 2019, 14:07

XSculpt
XCutEdge
XPaintTool

Tools for Sculpting and Multi-Cut edges

I found it in my odl disk :D :D :D
I Had fogot it for a long time since I download it from a SI forum, now the forum is gone···

I put it here, hope it helps~

Thx SICKEE NO.2 ,he made these awsome tools.
Attachments
XTools.jpg
XPiant_XSculpt_XCutEdge.rar
(130.36 KiB) Downloaded 494 times

rray

Re: XSculpt_XCutEdge_XPaintTool Tools for Sculpting and Multi-Cut edges

Post by rray » 22 Feb 2019, 15:47

Good stuff. Thanks for digging these out, just looked at the cut edge and it's even a bit faster than the built-in tool with high poly meshes.

I wonder if sickee2 ever shared the sources, this could become a full replacement for the cut edge tool with some additions.
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

wesserbro

Post by wesserbro » 22 Feb 2019, 23:47

great plugins!
Are these 32 or 64 bit versions? on 2015 64bit it says "invalid" for sculpt tool. dunno if its version related or opencl issue on my pc

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Feb 2019, 19:13

They appear to be 64 bits, but I can't get them to work either. Could have something to do with missing dependencies), but I can't figure it out as of yet... ;)
The XSculpt plugin throws a "CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE" error when installed in Softimage...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

anyheart

Post by anyheart » 24 Feb 2019, 05:05

It is 64 bit version.

use the Polygon Mesh Paint tool to sculpt.

it seems that the Polygon Mesh Paint tool is the newer version of the Sculpt tool . it changed the name to Polygon Mesh Paint

anyheart

Post by anyheart » 24 Feb 2019, 05:18

sometimes the Sym won't work, and you just need to turn on the Sym again, or right click to turn on the Sym. It seems is a little bug,but it works good on my computer.

be careful, if you use the Polygon Mesh Paint tool , it will freeze the history of the polygon before you sculpt

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 27 Feb 2019, 20:04

These are awesome, I especially like the point pushing/pulling, smoothing, painting!

I wonder what the "W" (shape) does? Otherwise works great!

Something like that is the only thing I felt missing out of the already legendary XSI poly modeling tools.
anyheart wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 14:07 Thx SICKEE NO.2 ,he made these awsome tools.
Indeed, and thank you for finding and (re)making them available!

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 27 Feb 2019, 21:33

Hi, So the Paint tool and the cut works,

But for the sculpt, it had the same error message as Hirazi "Can not run queue!"

There is a xsculpt.cl that comes with the xsculpt.dll perhaps that need to be in a specific folder?

The 'Poly Mesh Paint' allows to Push in or out, and move like propotional but with spherical option!, with smooth bushes all working really great!

So while I'm wondering what 'sculpt' would add or how it differs(?),
xPaint and xCut are definately worthwhile!

rray

Post by rray » 28 Feb 2019, 11:40

It looks like it goes in the dll folder (when it's gone from there, there's a different error message)

It probably needs an older version of OpenCL installed (is it part of the graphics driver?)

I also wondered is it from this artist? https://copenhagenlightfestival.org/aanden-i-glasset/ (Zhang Xiaotao). He is a very famous painter!
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

anyheart

Post by anyheart » 28 Feb 2019, 15:46

I thinks it is not from Zhang Xiaotao.

I found some message from http://web.archive.org

Here is the words from sickee.2:

Speed up, XPaint Tool renamed XSculpt Tool

Code rewriting, the core part using GPU (OpenCL) calculation, other part using OpenOMP multi-threaded processing, speed is more than 10 times the previous XPaint Tool

To ensure that the plug-in can be used stably, please update the graphics card driver (confirm that the graphics card driver supports OpenCL1.1), preferably complete installation.

This version is available under GTX650/GTX560/GTS250 graphics card. ATI graphics card has not been tested. It is not guaranteed that all computers can use it.

This version has been tested for nearly a month, and many BUGs have been repaired, but inevitably there are still BUGs.

If the points is too large, close the Interactive (Auto Refresh) option and set the operation window to single window mode (the problem is that XSI's own Operator refreshes slowly)

If you turn off the Interactive (Auto Refresh) option, open the Display Points (Modeling) option to observe the model modification status in time.

The original XPaint Tool will be changed to Polygon Topology Tool. Recently, it's busy. It's estimated that it will take some time.

Installation requires that XSculptTool. DLL and XSculptTool. CL be placed in the same directory

The animated model doesn't work well, which is the same defect as the M tool that comes with SI.

The CutEdge Tool to make up for the limitation that SI's Add Edge Tool can't cross polygons. Its function is not complete. In fact, it is Knife Tool that comes with SI that automatically finds polygons spanning. It's not a good tool, but an assistant tool.

Hotkeys are set by yourselves according to your own habits. The built-in hotkeys in XSculptTool should not be reset. The functions used in the built-in hotkeys are not functions in SI standard SDK.

minilogoguy18

Post by minilogoguy18 » 21 Jul 2020, 17:56

Just downloaded this but no info on where the files go?

anyheart

Post by anyheart » 10 Aug 2020, 13:26

minilogoguy18 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 17:56 Just downloaded this but no info on where the files go?
put these files to
C:\Users\Administrator\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Application\Plugins

jonmoore

Post by jonmoore » 15 Aug 2020, 13:23

Really like the XPaintTool. The CTRL, SHIFT and ALT modifiers extend the basic brush functionality naturally, as does the Middle Click to adjust opacity (brush strength). The SHIFT smooth function can be a little too strong unless the brush is set at it's weakest setting, but I've found that Martin Yara's excellent m.Slide Relax Brush makes an excellent partner to the XPaintTool when you're looking for more control over the smoothing strength. It's also nice that the brush size is controlled by Soft's native R key modifier (it would have been nice to have the E key opacity modifier too but the Middle Click already performs the same function so it's a very minor UX gripe).

And as was mentioned earlier, the XCut tool is more performant on dense meshes than Soft's native option.

Really great additions.

Talik

Post by Talik » 24 Jul 2023, 03:11

xSculpt shows error and doesn't work. Any suggestions?

XCutEdge makes edges that are aligned to camera view. Which is weird comparing to the 3dsmax's cut tool
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lsewiuuh ... f6vu9&dl=0