Reorder or transfer point indexes

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
myara

Reorder or transfer point indexes

Post by myara » 25 Dec 2018, 04:02

I'm not sure but I think I saw a tool to reorder the points idexes of an object (for shape animation purposes), but I can't find it. Do anyone know something about this ?
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

Mathaeus

Re: Reorder or transfer point indexes

Post by Mathaeus » 25 Dec 2018, 09:25

If that tool is es tool pack by Edy Susanto, this one worked on ''order-able'' structures, I think with quads only or something like, it was initialized by selecting points on corner. Anyway it worked nicely in such condition.

myara

Post by myara » 08 Jan 2019, 07:36

Thanks, I'm not sure if that will be good enough. I may use Maya for that, I was hoping there was something as good as Maya's Transfer Vertex Order (2017) that works perfect with triangles too.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 08 Jan 2019, 14:51

Houdini has a number of options here, including Sort SOP, able to set the point number (that could be vertex ID in Maya) by custom attribute as well, that attribute could be taken by a spatial query similar to Get Closest Location/Point in SI. Works well when exported to Maya as obj, anyway with a few typical small problems possible to solve on the road, like 'disconnected' UVs in Maya, and different understanding of 'group' possibly created by H.