Cycles for Softimage

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Sycles 1.5Author: Shekn @si-community
V 1.5 released Nov 2017 with GPU support, XSI standard hair rendering, denoising and more (see si-community thread) — This is the Softimage integration of Blender's Cycles renderer. It includes the renderer itself (Vers. 1.8.1 as of Blender 2.79), so no additional installation will be necessary.

This is a full renderer integration including support for: ICE instancesICE strands (rendered as hair)ICE attributes in per-point (e.g vertex colors) and per-object data contextsSubstance PBR supportMulti-layer EXR output supportRender Region suppopdfrtbump, normal maps, depth-of-field, SSS, hair shading, ...Cycles passes support (Combined, Depth, Mist, Normal, ...)Object ID passescustom light primitivesgeometry caching systemfull manualLots of Cycles specific custom render tree nodes

Limitations of version 1.4: Does not render volumetric data (such as smoke, fire etc.) and motion blur

For more information, full documentation and a list of the available Cycles nodes, see the download page linked below. V1.4 requires the Windows "Fall Creator's Update" and/or the Cuda Tookit installed for some hardware configurations.

local backup:Sycles_1.5.xsiaddon

News concerning 3D DCC business
Draise

Re: Cycles for Softimage

Post by Draise » 04 Oct 2018, 21:40

wireframex wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 19:36
AO Pass render test :)

That looks better than the previous errors. What was it?

wireframex

Post by wireframex » 04 Oct 2018, 21:55

EDIT : The AO Shader is still broken. This is just AO PASS in the render manager.

"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User

wireframex

Post by wireframex » 08 Oct 2018, 21:59

Cycles 1.7 - Edge Render Test

Shekn

Post by Shekn » 11 Oct 2018, 12:02

Update 1.7.1 with ao-fix (and some other small changes). Download here: https://ssoftadd.github.io/download/Syc ... 1.xsiaddon

After some investigations it turns out that incorrect rendering of the ao node is a known issue (https://developer.blender.org/T55563). As I understand, there are no universal solution for it, because this bug related to the version of compiler, used for building Blender and Cycles render. It appears only on some processors and in versions, compiled with vc12. With vc14 no bugs, and now Blender and Cycles official supports only vc14 compiler. But plugins for Softimage must be compiled with vc12 only. In any case, there are three posibilities to render correct result of ao-node:
1. Switch to OSl shading system.
2. Use only GPU for rendering.
3 (the best method). Turn off AVX2 parameter in Preference tab of the render properties. This is a technical parameter and I don't really know what it does (something with processor instructions).

Also ao node is more universal now. It returns color or float factor of the ambient occlusion an can be used in render tree for creating some effects on edges and cavities of objects. For rendering classical ao-pass, the color output of the ao node should be connected to the color port of the emission node.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wireframex

Post by wireframex » 11 Oct 2018, 20:08

Thanks a lot for this update :)

Phil

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 18 Nov 2018, 09:12

Very much appreciated Phil. This is clean as it can be. With Redshift stopping dry without AI denoiser the only viable choice now it´s CYCLES with OptiX Denoiser. Quite impressive.
I´m pushing the SOFTIMAGE XSI MOD theme onto official Blender Build. Get here and vote me up: https://devtalk.blender.org/t/call-for- ... es/3174/50
Thanks!

wireframex

Post by wireframex » 18 Nov 2018, 21:22

Hey David
Hope this theme will be very close as Softimage :)
All the best

I work more and more with Cycles for SI and it is very great :)

wireframex

Post by wireframex » 18 Nov 2018, 22:30

IES photometric files into Cycles for SI will be very cool :)

I found this for blender https://blenderartists.org/t/ies-lamps ... les/560285
Phil

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 19 Nov 2018, 00:31

What about cryptomatte? Can it be ported to Sycles? bevel node is working for what I saw on your post. Thanks for putting all this effort for the community!