GEAR_MC - how to add Synoptic sheets?

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
Draise

GEAR_MC - how to add Synoptic sheets?

Post by Draise » 20 Jun 2014, 07:08

I would like to add extra synoptic sheets to a currently already built rig (and modified) from GEAR_MC... I found a property in the model called "Info" that could make me append the new synoptic sheet (located in ...gear folder.. garble garble... tabs/_common/) but the added sheet was only a clone of the previous one, even if the synoptic files were completely different.

I realize GEAR opens up synoptics seperately from Softimage, but I have no idea how to append extra synoptics to an already built rig within GEAR (which I can't rebuild due to modifications). I did a workaround and appended HTLM files to hotspots, with some cool layover interfaces... but maybe another sheet would be nice.

Also, KeyAll, Mirror Selection, SelectAll and selecting "groups" (with it's python code in it's synoptics) and a number of other python scripts do not work in SI 2015 - the default synoptic files in GEAR/GEAR_MC....

I would greatly appreciate some pointers!

If you guys also have some Python commands or some tips as to how to code cool functionality for Synoptics, I'd love the ideas and help!

Draise

Re: GEAR_MC - how to add Synoptic sheets?

Post by Draise » 20 Jun 2014, 19:36

Here is an example of an integrated HTML file with a hotspot trigger. I made it the same size as the base HTML, but with an overlay then used hotspots in the empty space to return to the former html sheet. It is a neat little trick - working with multilevel synoptics.