Face Robot Woes and Questions - #2

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
probiner

Face Robot Woes and Questions - #2

Post by probiner » 20 Feb 2014, 11:29

Back on the horse testing Face Robot with Faceware Retargeter now with the final asset. And before setting up the rig and started retesting the Sculpts issue, other problems and questions came along.

# 1 - Oh my eyes!

A - Also in the eyes I see some damn ripples when I move the Eye's target side to side. Applying Local subdivision refinement to both eyes will only ease up the issue on one eye!
vid: http://screencast.com/t/LHHVBI0DjP

B - Upper eyelids bulge inside at the cornea. This is the "shrinkwrap" on the cornea failing. Once I adjust the eye mesh in, it goes away, cool. Strangely moving the eyelid mesh out does nothing. I was just wondering if this is something that needs to be taken care properly before Face Robot Setup.

# 2 - Face Robot implicit/hidden elements? Transfer properties between FR models?

Some of the Regions' Weights, Nulls and Meshes are somewhat implicit. I have no access to them on the Explorer.
Example, one time that FR went nuts some FR setup meshes got exposed; I could select them but not see them on the Explorer list (F key). Or head envelope deformers: "LNose_Offset2_Control", for example, it's in-existent on the Explorer. Or if click "Paint" on the Forehead region that weight is nowhere found.
So this is an accessibility issue to me, but my main problem with this is that I cannot mirror such regions' weights or transfer them to a new model.
How do you guys do it?

# 3 - Face Robot brain farts a lot

I click on a region's "Paint" and it throws an error and I can't access the map; Menus get messed up and things go missing; Phantom meshes and objects show up, features don't work.
This usually is solved by restarting Softimage, no problem. I was just wondering if there is something that would make it more stable and make me panic less that I have to start all over again :D

Cheers