Best way to share a rig to those using older versions?

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
minilogoguy18

Best way to share a rig to those using older versions?

Post by minilogoguy18 » 24 Dec 2012, 22:09

Hi, I made a rig around a skeleton that is used for an old game (SW:JK Jedi Academy) and I want to know if there is a way to transfer it over to older versions and possibly Mod Tool 7.5 for those wanting to use the rig since I made it in 2013 as it's what I have a student license for. The export file types all pretty much don't preserve everything except for the .emdl format which wont let me go backwards in versions.

Perhaps is there some way using my rig a script can be made that will build the rig in another version? Sorry if that sounds kinda dumb since I don't know much about such things since I'm mainly a game modder but I figured if they can build a rig from a guide perhaps something similar can be done so that I can get the rig into an older version.

Thanks for any help.

gustavoeb

Re: Best way to share a rig to those using older versions?

Post by gustavoeb » 07 Jan 2013, 22:24

Maybe through dotXSI... i remember being able to selecting previous versions. Dont know if it is supported by mod tool, and of course satisfaction is not guaranteed :smile:
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

minilogoguy18

Post by minilogoguy18 » 08 Jan 2013, 01:09

It wont preserve everything, guess what I really need to do is figure out how those scripts that generate bipeds work so I could just write one that can be run in an older version to build the rig much like gear does or something.

gustavoeb

Post by gustavoeb » 08 Jan 2013, 02:22

You could just create your biped and copy every single event echod... should be a very straightforward process really if you have no desire to add nit tricks
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

minilogoguy18

Post by minilogoguy18 » 27 Jan 2013, 01:08

So lemme make sure I'm understanding right.

You're saying copy it in 2013 then copy/paste the info from the toolbar at the bottom into a script to use in Mod Tool?

Could you pretty please elaborate? =)