Matchmover question

Discussions about FX-Tree and Compositing generally
jamination

Matchmover question

Post by jamination » 23 Oct 2011, 00:35

I didn't know where else to put them this question so here goes, I have no matchmoving experience except the matchmover tutorials, so bear we me. The footage I am dealing (which comes from the client) looks to be on a tripod looking up (in the city so, there is data in the frame) then rotates down to eye level. My question is, is this type of footage doable in matchmover, the reason I ask is my first tries have been extremely wrong to say the least. suggestions welcome.

thanks
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions

Leo

Re: Matchmover question

Post by Leo » 23 Oct 2011, 02:07

Most simple tripod-movements are pretty easy to do by hand. Just get the information about the camera, set up your virtual camera accordingly and eyeball it.

Chris_TC

Post by Chris_TC » 23 Oct 2011, 10:26

When loading the sequence, you'll have to make sure to change the type of camera movement from "Free" to "Nodal pan" or whatever it's called.

You will not get depth information because these types of shots don't have parallax. All your solved points will lie on a sphere. This is good because it gives you a lot of leeway when it comes to positioning your synthetic objects.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Oct 2011, 11:51

I just made the unilateral decision to treat matchmoving as a part of the larger topic of compositing and have moved this thread accordingly...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!