Edge Detection

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

ICE Attribute to Component SelectionAuthor: Fabricio Chamon
Following a request by Matt Lowery on the Softimage Mailing List, I'm hoping of you fine people has a script that will tag all the points on one poly mesh that are inside another poly mesh. I'm also hoping that you'll share said script...

Fabricio Chamon posted this script. usage: define an attribute called »select« in your object's icetree (boolean per point, edge or polygon) > select object and run. (sometimes you have to run it twice, in the second time it will work. not sure why, maybe it has to do with some attribute initialization thing). In your case the (very simple) logic would be a point in volume defining the attribute. (image follows)

local backup: ICE_Attr_To_Component_Selection.rar
EdgeDetectionAuthor: Fabricio Chamon
I'm experimenting with a very simple edge detection algorithm. For now it only works on grids with planar projections and greyscale images as it's based on pixel brightness. Next goal is to enhance detection by decomposing rgb channels and comparing colors. Stored under Particle > Effects

Usage: create a grid, planar XZ projection, texturemap property and assign any black/white image. then create an empty pointcloud with unsimulated icetree, add edge detection compound and plug the grid name. have fun!

See author link for more details. Also have a look at the introduction vimeo video.

local backup: Edge Detection.xsicompound

fabricio.chamon

Edge Detection

Post by fabricio.chamon » 07 May 2010, 15:02

I'm experimenting with a very simple edge detection alghorithm.
For now it only works on grids with planar projections and greyscale images as it's based on pixel brightness.
Next goal is to enhance detection by decomposing rgb channels and comparing colors.

stored under Particle > Effects

usage: create a grid, planar XZ projection, texturemap property and assign any black/white image. then create an empty pointcloud with unsimulated icetree, add edge detection compound and plug the grid name. have fun!

more info at my blog.

Download it from here

opoppopopp

Re: Edge Detection

Post by opoppopopp » 18 Jun 2010, 08:52

the link is worked but maybe the rar file is broken? i cant open it

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: Edge Detection

Post by Hirazi Blue » 18 Jun 2010, 11:51

I've just uploaded a new version (thanks, fabricio) to the original link address. Hope it will work now... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!