StrandTree - Ice Procedural Tree Generator

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Strand TreeAuthor: Fabricio Chamon
Updated April 2014 with a fix by Hans Adrian for Softimage 2014+. Strand Tree is a set of ICE compound nodes that allow the creation of plants and trees. See the author site / the si-community discussion for documentation, example scenes and videos.

Emitters: Emit Branches, Emit Leaves Grow Control: Even distribution grow, Random distribution grow Modifiers: Modify Branch Color by Iteration, Modify Branch Width by Iteration, Modify Particle Size by Iteration, Modify Value by Iteration, Modify Value by Normalized Strand Segment Debug: Debug Iteration Strand Effects: Deform Tree by Curve, Surface Grow Rendering: Tree Visibility Options, Use Geometry Branches Presets: Basic Tree, Pine Tree

Hans' interesting explanation for the Softimage 2014 fix: [..] I moved the »set data« node to outside of »Add point« node on creation. This is because whenever there is a »Add point« node, the custom attribute stored in points may be reset. This was the case with »self.__strandTree_NumBranchesPerIteration«, which was reset to 0. It caused division by 0 in »Even Distribution Grow« node and thus the whole compound does not work. To work around this, we need to set the custom attributes in per Object context, instead, so that those attributes will not reset when there is another »Add point« node.

Available: Softimage ICE Procedural Tree Generator, ICE Procedural Tree - Surface Grow and Tree simulation - wip.

local backup: StrandTree.xsiaddon (fixed version)

Werner

Re: StrandTree - Ice Procedural Tree Generator

Post by Werner » 01 Oct 2014, 16:04

Same problem here on 2014 SP2 with the even distribution grow compound...broken.

Fabricio where are youuuuuuu? We need you!

NNois

Post by NNois » 01 Oct 2014, 16:08

I think this is a case resolved on the mailing list.

Daniel Brassard

Post by Daniel Brassard » 01 Oct 2014, 16:30

Correct, this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searc ... Kd4I5l708J

Download the emit branch compound provided.

Cheers!
Attachments
Emit Branches.zip
(28.02 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

Werner

Post by Werner » 03 Oct 2014, 13:20

NNois wrote:I think this is a case resolved on the mailing list.
Thanks for the tip. It helped me to get it working again.