Procedural Topo Pack

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Procedural Topo PackAuthor: Constantine Tarasenkov
Updated Feb 2013 Various ICE topology compounds that I made for last months. Fully compatible with SI 2012. After installation they can be found in Context, Interactive and Topology categories of the Tool tab menu.

Contents: Build Array from Set Node (for Softimage 2012), Array to Edge Set, Array to Polygon Set, Array to Sample Set, Array to Vertex Set, Build Array per Edge, Build Array per Point, Build Array per Polygon, Build Array per Sample, Delete Topology, Disconnect Islands, Get Edge Position, Set Edge Position, Get Polygon Position, Set Polygon Position, Polygon Index to CAV, Vertex Index to CAV, Select Polygons Interactive, Slice to Pieces, To per Edge, To per Point, To per Polygon, To per Sample

The recent updates from the si-community thread linked below include: Greeble, Slice on Cubes, Extract Polygon Island, Split Edge Equally

local backup: ProceduralTopoPack.zip

druitre

Re: Procedural Topo Pack

Post by druitre » 01 Feb 2013, 17:44

Can you (or someone else) give me some more? As in: I still can't figure it out. :ymblushing:

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 02 Feb 2013, 18:49

Can you do it with repeat node?

xsisupport

Post by xsisupport » 03 Feb 2013, 15:02

druitre wrote:Can you (or someone else) give me some more? As in: I still can't figure it out. :ymblushing:
Here's something. Roughly speaking, if EdgeLength = X, then it splits that edge into X edges. You should be able to generalize that and then use a Repeat node to apply to all edges.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 03 Feb 2013, 18:01

Great work, Steve! There's no need for repeat node with Oleg's trick

[ just realized how stupid it was to name my version "even" and this "equal". oh well ]
Attachments
Split Edge Equally.xsicompound
(12.72 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

julian johnson

Post by julian johnson » 04 Feb 2013, 10:36

I came at this from another angle (the wrong one I guess!) in that I thought we needed to specify the segment length first and then all edges would be split into segments of that length. The target length gets rounded to fit. Anyway, here's the result. No repeats, no Oleg tricks...
Attachments
edgelen.gif
edgelen.rar
(75.55 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

druitre

Post by druitre » 05 Feb 2013, 09:43

Thanks guys, for some reason notifications for this thread haven't been working for a while so I missed all of your suggestions. Appreciated!

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 24 Mar 2013, 02:02

Topo Pack is updated. I found a way to convert arrays of indices to sets without using Find in Array node, so Array to Vertex/Edge/Polygon Set compounds are much faster now. Clone and Get Topo and Extrude Islands are updated as well (minor fixes and cleanups)

Eugen

Post by Eugen » 24 Mar 2013, 08:45

iamVFX wrote:I found a way to convert arrays of indices to sets without using Find in Array node
Could you please point out how you do that? I'm a beginner with ICE and already stumbled across this problem.
I'd like to write to the MaterialID attribute using fixed array indices.

Thanks for sharing!!

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 24 Mar 2013, 08:56

Eugen wrote: Could you please point out how you do that? I'm a beginner with ICE and already stumbled across this problem.
I'd like to write to the MaterialID attribute using fixed array indices.

Thanks for sharing!!
My pleasure! How exactly is your array looks?

Eugen

Post by Eugen » 24 Mar 2013, 09:39

Quite simple. The point is, I want to set the MaterialIDs per polygon "manually", via an array.
You would do this based on some conditions, normally.
Attachments
MaterialIDs from array.jpg

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 24 Mar 2013, 10:04

Which polygons should have material 1, 2 and 3? If they're based on conditions, it means that you have per polygon booleans, correct? With something like clusters it would look like so:

Eugen

Post by Eugen » 24 Mar 2013, 10:47

Thanks, but basically what I want to know is how arrays and sets correlate.
How to I build up an array and put those indices into a, say, polygon set? That's an academic question meant to help me understand how ICE works.

Let's say I have a simple 2x2 grid - 4 polygons. As an example, I'd like to set them like so (to exclude any "rules", thus if-nodes, in the correlation):
Poly MatID
0 3
1 2
2 0
3 1

How would you go about that?

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 24 Mar 2013, 11:01

Eugen wrote:Thanks, but basically what I want to know is how arrays and sets correlate.
How to I build up an array and put those indices into a, say, polygon set? That's an academic question meant to help me understand how ICE works.

Let's say I have a simple 2x2 grid - 4 polygons. As an example, I'd like to set them like so (to exclude any "rules", thus if-nodes, in the correlation):
Poly MatID
0 3
1 2
2 0
3 1

How would you go about that?
Pretty straightforward :) In this case, array size matches polygon count (polygon set size), if you put a set of indices into the Index port of the Select in Array node, it will select the value of the array by the index of the polygon

Array to Vertex/Edge/Polygon Set compounds were designed for the array of some indices (i.e. when the size and index order does not match the set size) which you would want to convert to a set

Eugen

Post by Eugen » 24 Mar 2013, 11:29

Ha! "Select in Array" is the thing... makes sense.
Somewhat steep learning curve here...

Thanks a lot, iamVXF!!

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 24 Mar 2013, 11:35

Eugen wrote:Thanks a lot, iamVXF!!
:D

My nick is so lazy, gosh

Draise

Post by Draise » 21 Dec 2015, 20:29

The download link is broken?