ice collidiing fluids

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Maximus

ice collidiing fluids

Post by Maximus » 01 Feb 2019, 12:34

hey guys im trying to create something like this for a project but i can not find a way to make the 2 fluids sim collide each other like this video below:

https://vimeo.com/29721046

anyone got a solution? @-)

wavo

Re: ice collidiing fluids

Post by wavo » 02 Feb 2019, 18:49

Hello Maximus,

here is something to check, it is a lagoa-fluid-setup. I controll the fluid via a null-force and also giving the simulation an Age with this i controll the size and the colour, there is also a volume (sphere) where the particles
react inside this volume this second force is stronger so the particles will fly away from,the null.
Go inside the lagoa-compound check also the other lagoa-materials .

What you also should check are the videos on vimeo from Eric Mootzoid he did a lot with particle fluids, maybe here you will find further answers.
here is capture password lagoa
good luck

Walter
Attachments
lagoa_test-fountain.rar
(493.22 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 03 Feb 2019, 11:33

damn man, that was extremely helpful, thanks so much!

if i may ask, what parameter controls the collision between fluids? in the lagoa compound the collision obstacles is set only to be a lagoa plane. So im just wondering why the two fluids collide?

wavo

Post by wavo » 03 Feb 2019, 18:34

hi Maximus,

because i use a group for the emitters, if you put another object in this group, it will(automatically) also emit, and it is still one lagoa-simulation because lagoa collide with himself, the plane is in this case irrelevantly!,
and by the way if you need another timing than look/change the curve-profiles (inside the modify...-compounds)
hope this helps, did you look for the vimeo-videos?
Walter

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 04 Feb 2019, 10:19

wavo wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 18:34 hi Maximus,

because i use a group for the emitters, if you put another object in this group, it will(automatically) also emit, and it is still one lagoa-simulation because lagoa collide with himself, the plane is in this case irrelevantly!,
and by the way if you need another timing than look/change the curve-profiles (inside the modify...-compounds)
hope this helps, did you look for the vimeo-videos?
Walter
thank you again :)
yeah im learning, i've had some mootzoid videos downloaded and have all his plugins but to me emfluid is extremely hard to use, the example you gave me is enough to let me start learning and figure out how to get this thing done!

appreciated a lot! thanks!