restart Softimage

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
missingkey

Re: restart Softimage

Post by missingkey » 30 Jan 2014, 17:50

If I check the dirty count on a fresh scene, I get a 0. Not sure if that matters or not. lol.

csaez

Post by csaez » 30 Jan 2014, 19:33

But that would give you a list of Events at Startup, not necessarily the plugins that dirty the scene in the manner described above? Or am I missing something here?
Fair enough.
I thought it would be easy to find the plugin based on the event name, but perhaps most users are not familiar with the plugins available on their systems.
What about this?

Code: Select all

authors = ["Softimage", "Autodesk"]
events = [e.Name for e in Application.EventInfos if "Startup" in e.Type or "Begin" in e.Type]
print [p.Name for p in Application.Plugins for i in p.Items if i.Name in events and p.Author not in authors]

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 30 Jan 2014, 19:54

No, the problem doesn't lie with matching the event to a specific plugin, the problem lies with figuring out which of these events/plugins dirties the scene in the aforementioned manner...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

luceric

Post by luceric » 30 Jan 2014, 20:04

knowing which plug-ins you have installed is the first step. then you could disable them one by one to find the culprit.
(Isn't there a way to disable individual events in the plug-in manager? can't recall)
XSI by itself does not dirty an empty scene -- although FaceRobot, if enabled, might.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 30 Jan 2014, 20:13

luceric wrote:knowing which plug-ins you have installed is the first step. then you could disable them one by one to find the culprit
Sure, but for the first step I wouldn't need a script, I'd just visit the Plug-in Manager. I was hoping there was a less tedious way to figure out the culprit than to manually disable/enable them all. Ah well, pipe dream...
Thank you all, nonetheless... ;)

missingkey

Post by missingkey » 30 Jan 2014, 20:30

I just removed all the plugins from the install. Now, nothing shows up in the plugin manager, but SI still wants to know if I wanna save an unmodified scene, lol.
Attachments
plugins.png

luceric

Post by luceric » 30 Jan 2014, 21:06

Let's just say XSI 2012 doesn't prompt to save the scene after you start XSI. I don't know about 2014. It's possible the new sequencer or something else does something.

Hirazi Blue wrote:
luceric wrote:knowing which plug-ins you have installed is the first step. then you could disable them one by one to find the culprit
Sure, but for the first step I wouldn't need a script, I'd just visit the Plug-in Manager. I was hoping there was a less tedious way to figure out the culprit than to manually disable/enable them all. Ah well, pipe dream...
Thank you all, nonetheless... ;)
Well I've booted XSI and this is what I meant:
1) FIie->Plugin Manager
2) go to the Events tab
3) mute the events that are registered, if any, to check if they are the culprit.

You can click Details to see where that plug-ins comes from

missingkey

Post by missingkey » 30 Jan 2014, 21:40

hmm, that was the first thing I tried before removing everything. Opened up the plugin manager, filtered to show all events, I muted every event, but SI still asks to save. strange.

Oh well. It's just minorly annoying. overly-cautious SI is better than cut-throat SI, I suppose.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 31 Jan 2014, 14:50

Renamed my user folder. Problem persists...