emFluids and states

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
forsgren

emFluids and states

Post by forsgren » 23 Jul 2012, 12:37

Hi y'all! Im fairly new in softimage, Right now I'm Trying to Get a point Cloud to first do a little emFluid- stuff, and then when entering a new state, Abandon the fluid solver and begin flying through a path. The thing is i Really cant plug the Fluid solver into the state node :/
I could do a cheat and just animate the solver Weight, but it could be infinitely cooler it could be done on a per particle basis. Is there anyway to solve this?

owei
Administrator

Re: emFluids and states

Post by owei » 23 Jul 2012, 14:10

...the fluid solver has got an velocity output. You can blend this with values how you like...depending on states or what ever...hope this helps!

cheers,
oli

forsgren

Post by forsgren » 23 Jul 2012, 21:45

Hm... How would i plug those in? Sorry if I'm bothering but would I create a whole new emFluid tree right beside my original one and plug that one into the State node, or is there some better(more accurate?) way?

And I guess with velocity output you mean the set particle velocity?

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 27 Jul 2012, 17:05

Hey..!
Sorry for the late answer. Well, it seems you should first go more with some ICE tutorials to get more knowledge about the basics.
I would recommend working with a standard "primitive" of emFluid first, before you begin to build your own trees. emFluid outputs a velocity vector. I don´t mean the boolean "set particles velocity". This one would set the velocity for each particle. But you want to control that. So I would use the velocity port (vector) to drive the velocity as you like. you can experiment with a "blend" node or the "linear interpolation" node...

hope this helps.

cheers,
oli