Syflex simulation problem

Discussions about simulation, hair and cloth in SOFTIMAGE©
mirkoj

Syflex simulation problem

Post by mirkoj » 23 Jul 2009, 16:32

I've got strange problem, few times so far.
Sometimes when I make constrain Null, or Pin, when I start simulation cloth just pops up to location that is a bit more down from it's curent location, just those vertices wich are pinned, they move and cloth.
Any idea what could be wrong? Why those vertices don't stay at the point where they are pinned at the first place?

mirkoj

Re: Syflex simulation problem

Post by mirkoj » 24 Jul 2009, 12:24

No1? :)

http://www.mirkojankovic.com/images/for ... roblem.mov

I think that this explain better what is going on.
Any idea why and what is going on??
Need help please!
Thanks

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 24 Jul 2009, 13:24

You can try pin constraint (select vertices, select constrainer mesh, apply it), instead of nail that you used in the movie. As far as I know, nail is a some kind of cloth's absence, I'm even not sure if Syflex nails can be cached..
Also, you can freeze transform of simulated mesh, before applying the Syflex.

By the way, for such a simple mesh, it's good idea to try the good old SICloth, it's slower than Syflex, but generaly easier to manage.

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 24 Jul 2009, 13:30

Pin constrain gives absolutly same result.
ANother thing I;ve tried, as this cape was imported obj, I've made complletly newcape (grid, and used old cape as reference to move vertex from grid and added few more polys to make completly same shape) and froze all modeling and everything and still got same result.
BUT If I open new scene and merge that old scene with all models and everything and make constraing SOMETIMES it behaves as it should.. and most of the times, or abit later jsut starts to behave like this again.

I really don't mind spending more time to play with properties getting results that I need, but waisting times on problems like this that I really don;t have absolutly no control at all.. I'm just wondering if this is bug or what?

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 24 Jul 2009, 14:36

Well I have no idea, never experienced somethinkg like that, at least with XSI 7.01.

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 31 Jul 2009, 15:57

Ok, I've solved that problem few days ago but I've bin bussy making up for the time I;ve lost to finish up animatination.
So problem was point cache on my character...
I had to apply Pin constratins FIRST and then apply point cached animation to my character mesh and everything worked fine.
I hope this tip can help any1 else :)
Have fun and thank you all