Grandpy - My first short/online series.

Comments on work in progress
luis7654

Grandpy - My first short/online series.

Post by luis7654 » 29 Apr 2013, 22:04

Hello you guys, I'm very excited because I'm finally working on my own short/online series.
I'm a graphic designer who decided to jump into 3d so I'm still learning, (I've been practicing for a few months)
I just finished modeling my main character, Any feedback suggestions are welcome.

julius

Re: Grandpy - My first short/online series.

Post by julius » 30 Apr 2013, 23:59

You have some problems with your character's hands : too thin.

luis7654

Post by luis7654 » 01 May 2013, 05:56

Actually the hands were modeled like that on purpose, I still need to work on the textures though.
I may take your word and make them a little bit fatter.
Is there any way I can post HD pictures here? Because this ones are looking horrible!

Another test.

ibra

Post by ibra » 02 May 2013, 16:07

Hello i think your character is pretty cool! you are almost done and i think it is pretty cool for a few months of experience to do this level of work!
in my opinion, a few fixes here and there should fix your character.
i have included my take on the hands. remember that there are bones inside of them and care for the nails they are pretty important
also, check this guy out he will help you alot: http://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV
just check out his tutorials on drawing the head and features few times i think its very helpful.
also for the shoe, just get a shoe and put it on your desk where you work and model it and look at it as much as possible, thats how i do :P
and thicken the straps a bit.
good job keep uploading
Attachments
hands fix.jpg

Draise

Post by Draise » 02 May 2013, 17:08

Good start! I like the concept you have got going already. Doing a short or series from start to finish is a great way to learn 3D, get the hang of it. I did one 10 animation from start to finish with little preknowledge or practice just recently. Took me forever, but it was a great experience. Looking forward to seeing more updates and your learning processess!

Ah, to post good forum HD pictures with a link, I like to use Minus.com. They create the link for you and the image is small for the forum, but it links to the full size.

luis7654

Post by luis7654 » 02 May 2013, 20:37

Thank you guys for your advices, Nice hand ibra... I may try to add it when I get some free time.
I'll check those tutorials out, but I doubt I can draw like that, I mean I can model but I can't draw (x
I have one question. Is there a way to remove the color at the bottom of the hair?
I reduced the image size just to test if I can post it that way.
Attachments
test1.jpg

luis7654

Post by luis7654 » 02 May 2013, 20:45

This is what I meant.
I have no idea how to make the glasses LOL
Attachments
Question.jpg

Falam

Post by Falam » 09 May 2013, 03:25

luis7654 wrote:Hello you guys, I'm very excited because I'm finally working on my own short/online series.
I'm a graphic designer who decided to jump into 3d so I'm still learning, (I've been practicing for a few months)
I just finished modeling my main character, Any feedback suggestions are welcome.

He looks like a midget, maybe that is your camera angle ! Maybe it's Danny Devito :)

Judicator

Post by Judicator » 17 May 2013, 09:17

luis7654 wrote:This is what I meant.
I have no idea how to make the glasses LOL
To make glasses, add an architectural material with grey color, with 0.9 transparency and 0.75 reflectivity. They will be as clear as a new window and will have sharp and strong reflections. Unless those glasses are old, then you should lower both reflectivity and transparency, make a bit less glossy and lower the sample. It will pixelate a bit, giving a feeling of a worn-out glass.