SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 983
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by FXDude » 27 Feb 2019, 17:53

Hi,

I tested with a new blank profile, and indeed there was another required addon which wasn't included in the 'required addons' folder (ICEArrayNodes),

Also StrandCollisionFramework is updated with the one in the resource section with the more recent patch included (no need to replace DLLs like before).

If Previously installed, go to your "C:\Users\[username]\Autodesk\Softimage_ \Addons " folder,
and delete StrandCollisionFramework, (+ MR ShaderPack if using MR scene)
then reinstall those addons, along with ICEArrayNodes, and restart XSI.

So both HairDew RS (first post of first page) .. and MR with included sj_radio (first post of second page)
have been updated.

And it should be fine now (?)

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 01:46

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by nicole » 01 Mar 2019, 18:42

FXDude wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 17:53
Hi,

I tested with a new blank profile, and indeed there was another required addon which wasn't included in the 'required addons' folder (ICEArrayNodes),

Also StrandCollisionFramework is updated with the one in the resource section with the more recent patch included (no need to replace DLLs like before).

If Previously installed, go to your "C:\Users\[username]\Autodesk\Softimage_ \Addons " folder,
and delete StrandCollisionFramework, (+ MR ShaderPack if using MR scene)
then reinstall those addons, along with ICEArrayNodes, and restart XSI.

So both HairDew RS (first post of first page) .. and MR with included sj_radio (first post of second page)
have been updated.

And it should be fine now (?)
hi Jason,

it seems ok now. stability progress...but the hair appearing reddish long strands in display do not appear translated in render region. or if they do, very very short. (see _ short hair _ picture attached)

could you give a (video or text) step by step guide from scene 1.0 how to grow the hair?? (been later in timeline to no effect) is this as well a problem with not knowing where which light, duplicating the light is still required?
i need be enabled know how use your scene (copy paste your emitter into my own scenes and tweak the right ICE trees nodes ?) (shall credit you)

thank you already in advance.!.
Mathyas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 983
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by FXDude » 01 Mar 2019, 20:48

Hum.. does the render log show errors?,

and If you replace the shader with a regular hair_shading node, do you see them in the render?

Otherwise,
If you emit plain strands on a sphere,
Select sphere and do:: ICE Module-> Particles-> Create -> Dynamic Strands
(playback a bit to see the strands) then do you see those strands in the render?

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 01:46

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by nicole » 02 Mar 2019, 01:39

FXDude wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 20:48
Hum.. does the render log show errors?,

and If you replace the shader with a regular hair_shading node, do you see them in the render?

Otherwise,
If you emit plain strands on a sphere,
Select sphere and do:: ICE Module-> Particles-> Create -> Dynamic Strands
(playback a bit to see the strands) then do you see those strands in the render?
no.
i don't think its a problem with mental ray on my machine.

i created successfully dynamic strands on a sphere and rendered them all right.
as well regular hairs.

i do not know how to get a render log, but it doesn't seem to be the problem.

my guess it is somehow the way the ICE tree gets understood by MR, otherwise why should it
not get "short" hairs like in the above joined picture?

that's just a first hand guess though.

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 983
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by FXDude » 02 Mar 2019, 01:52

Hi, you can check the log (the little scroll icon besides the command line opens it) to see if there's any warnings/errors

and try replacing the HairDew shader with a phong to see if it's the shader..


Otherwise I don't know if this is common or not.

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 01:46

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by nicole » 02 Mar 2019, 03:06

FXDude wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 01:52
Hi, you can check the log (the little scroll icon besides the command line opens it) to see if there's any warnings/errors

and try replacing the HairDew shader with a phong to see if it's the shader..


Otherwise I don't know if this is common or not.
hi again Jason,

could you tell me how to "grow" the strands.

it's actually rendering them hairs, its just they are 2 inches longs when they could "grow" and be 120 inches long

(when i set a magenta color in the HairDew shader it renders the hair "magenta"

i am new to strands, don't know where in the ICE nodes to look at in order the hair to get longer, thanks)
Mathyas

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 983
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by FXDude » 02 Mar 2019, 03:25

If they are long in the viewport but not in the render there is something wrong.. 'growing' them further would'nt change anything.

but if the log shows no errors, I dont know what else to suggest, I'd have to be at your computer to figure it out.

Let us know if you do, you could also try unplugging stuff in the Styling ice tree and see if that changes anything.

Best of luck!

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 01:46

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by nicole » 02 Mar 2019, 03:59

FXDude wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 03:25

Let us know if you do, you could also try unplugging stuff in the Styling ice tree and see if that changes anything.

Best of luck!
it looks like another piece of hair is joined to the file
the long hair displayed in light green, not rendered, but as well a short hair displayed in yellow-brown, which i have rendered in blue in attached files.

is it usual for some nodes to appear "red" in the ICE tree as well?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 983
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by FXDude » 02 Mar 2019, 04:12

You probably missed an addon to install, red isn't normal.

Also I dont know what you want hair for, but god I hope the first time this plugin would be used wouldn't be for like Daz Studio pinup girl renders or something.. /:)
Last edited by FXDude on 02 Mar 2019, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 01:46

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by nicole » 02 Mar 2019, 04:58

FXDude wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 04:12
You probably missed an addon to install, red isn't normal.

Also I dont know what you want hair for, but god I hope the first time this plugin would be used wouldn't be for like Daz Studio pinup girl renders or something.. /:)

infinite apology and infinite thank yous combined in a compound, it works...

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 983
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by FXDude » 02 Mar 2019, 05:47

Hi, no I apologize.. I think I just didn't like this thread full of red nodes and stubby hairs, without knowing if it was because of my work.

Hope you find it useful!

xsisoft
Posts: 90
Joined: 01 Nov 2018, 11:13

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by xsisoft » 02 Mar 2019, 09:22

Dear FXDude,
please record a video from the MR,
where everything works for you, and what and how it is installed. but it turns out - the dancers with tambourines - but the plugin is really cool!

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 983
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by FXDude » 02 Mar 2019, 16:42

Hi, I won't make other HairDew videos  (has now been confirmed to work on enough different installs)

but here is an early clip which can also go here :)

     

   :ymcowboy: ~o)
 

User avatar
wireframex
Posts: 277
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 23:02
Location: Near Paris

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by wireframex » 04 Mar 2019, 20:29

Just wow !!
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User

User avatar
sirdavid32
Posts: 223
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 04:36
Location: Ecuador

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by sirdavid32 » 29 Apr 2019, 00:58

This is so impressive to say the least. Thanks for sharing such powerful plugin.

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 01:46

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by nicole » 25 May 2019, 23:53

hello.

i wish to do the following from HairDew MR 1.0

1) change the emitter object : it seems more complex than just pick the object. do you have to build a new emission? (i want to emit from a couple polygons on a new object)

2) like in the example video above i wish i knew how to use the many strands for about 50 extruded meshes

3) each mesh of a different hue, with gradation, of the mesh, example for mesh x : the tip red, the middle yellow and the root green, mesh y, tip purple, root orange, etc


thank you for anybody reading this capable to help!