SItoA_Update_Core 5.0.2.1_& Cryptomatte

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

SItoA update 5.1.1.0 with Cryptomatte 2.0Author: Rachid Hadj Abderrahmane
Updated May 31st 2018 — Rachid makes the latest Arnold Renderer version available to Softimage users via updates/patches of the last SItoA release 4.1.0. That includes support for Cryptomatte, the new subsurface scattering method and the new toon shader as of Arnold 5.1. Since his distribution package does not contain any binary files, the Arnold SDK has to be downloaded and the patches applied manually following the detailed instructions he gives in the si-community thread / his posted walkthough video.

Cryptomatte is becoming an industry standard for ID based object/hierarchy selection in compositing (Nuke/Fusion plugins provided).

Introduced in this si-community thread. Latest update posted here Installation walkthrough video: SItoA Update Core 5 0 2 2 & Cryptomatte. A how-to video on how to use cryptomatte with the latest update can be found here: SItoA Update Core 5 1 1 0

local backup:SItoA_Update_Core_5.1.1.0_&_Cryptomatte_V_2.0.0b3.zip

New plugins, tools etc.
rachid

SItoA_Update_Core 5.0.2.1_& Cryptomatte

Post by rachid » 02 Dec 2017, 23:18

Hi
I'm new here, my name is Rachid Hadj Abderrahmane from Algeria ,I'm maya user
Here is an update for SItoA with core 5.0.2.1
all new shaders are exposed edited to match 100% with mtoa and other software, so all look the same..
added Cryptomatte (work separately, only N and P are supported in multi-channel exr. You have to make a separate pass, otherwise the beauty are rendered as mask, and all other pass are black, but it work ! )
nb: I've nothing to do with Solidangle (I'm just a hobbyist)
here is an example for Standard_Volume:
matching.jpg
and here are the update Shaders and cryptomatte
xsi_attribute.jpg
Download the update here
SItoA_Update_Core 5.0.2.1_& Cryptomatte.7z
(33.41 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Install:
1- istall SItoA 4.1.0
2- download/unzip Arnold SDK 5.0.2.1 from solidangle
3- Copy the content of the bin folder(Arnold SDK 5.0.2.1) (Override) and paste to C:\Users\XXX\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\bin\nt-x86-64
4- unzip SItoA_Update_Core 5.0.2.1_& Cryptomatte.7z
5- Copy/Paste (Override) arnold_shaders.mtd (C:\Users\XXXX\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\bin\nt-x86-64)
6- Copy/Paste (Override) "ArnoldMenu.js" "ArnoldScenePreferences.js" "ArnoldShaderDef.js" (C:\Users\XXX\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins)

Cryptomatte
First download cryptomatte from:https://github.com/anderslanglands/alShaders2/releases
add theses variabeles to your OS:
ARNOLD_PLUGIN_PATH = C:\Cryptomatte\bin
MAYA_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE_PATH = C:\Cryptomatte\aexml
MTOA_TEMPLATES_PATH = C:\Cryptomatte\ae

You will find Cryptomatte under Shaders/Cryptomatte use this one (do not use Cryptomatte that are under DLL Shaders, it won't work!)

rray

Re: SItoA_Update_Core 5.0.2.1_& Cryptomatte

Post by rray » 03 Dec 2017, 00:59

Hi welcome to si-community and thanks for making these available. That will be really helpful.

It seems the XSI Arnold plugin has started to get left behind lately.I hope we'll be notified a bit in advance where there won't be any more updates from Solidangle.
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

rachid

Post by rachid » 03 Dec 2017, 13:48

apparently yes, but the user can always use the latest core by downloading the SDK and overriding what in the bin folder. you can look if there are some new shaders by using kick command then just a matter of editing the corresponding ".js file"!
it will be great to have at least one other software like Maya or any other for comparison . That what I did to update SItoA. (I admit a lot of work)
any way hope this update will help users to continue using the latest version of SItoA.
/Rachid

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 04 Dec 2017, 04:19

rachid wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 13:48 it will be great to have at least one other software like Maya or any other for comparison .
I completely/fully agree with that.
If Softimage or any other, was the only one, it would similarly be as bad,
and there would need at least one other one of the same type for it (and situations) to be healthy.
That what I did to update SItoA. (I admit a lot of work)
any way hope this update will help users to continue using the latest version of SItoA.
/Rachid
Thanks a bunch for taking the time, I'm sure it will be very welcome by proponents and appreciators of XSI's simplicity/flexibility ratio!

Firebird

Post by Firebird » 04 Dec 2017, 08:56

Thats great
Thanks alot.
I tried pushing Solid angel a bit with requests to a SItoA update, but in typical Autodesk manner they just close the threads.

Pre Autodesk I even had direct mail contact with Marcos Fajardo even if we are a super small costumer regarding license number, after Autodesk any SItoA related thread gets more or less ignored. Was to be expected.

For me it´s just a bit fishy that right at the moment Arnold 5 supported Cryptomatte which everyone is waiting on all of a sudden the SItoA plugin takes 2 month + to catch up.

That it wont get the same focus is fully understandable and I wont blame anyone for that but a supported product, for me is a supported product, and so it should be on par with the others as long as its advertised and sold. Period.

In the meantime HtoA works great as well.

3DMagic

Post by 3DMagic » 04 Dec 2017, 13:24

Thank you very much rachid!

This is fantastic, greatly appreciated.

rachid

Post by rachid » 04 Dec 2017, 18:26

Hi
Thanks for the feedback guys
a little update for Cryptomatte, editing "cryptomatte.mtd" file to match with Maya, I also edited the "cryptomatteTemplate.py" file, to remove unnecessary doubling extra attributes (Maya Attribute)
CryptomatteUpdate.jpg
download update here (just replace the cryptomatte.mtd)
Cryptomatte_Override.7z
(1.73 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
/Rachid