Oz FCurve Tools?

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Oz_FcurveToolsAuthor: Oz Adi
A toolset just added but long overlooked in this resource listing. FCurveTools offers a multitude of fcurve related tools such as overshoot/undershoot next or current key, create automatic slopes, negative slope fix, normalize tangents, copy/paste/offset animation, noise layer, time offsetter.

An overview and short documentation of all available feature is available here.

local backup:Oz_FCurveTools.xsiaddon

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
gaboraa

Oz FCurve Tools?

Post by gaboraa » 13 Dec 2016, 09:36

Does anyone know anything about Oz FCurve Tools plugin or anyone using it? I cannot recall installing it and it was a shock when I saw it listed under Timerange>animation toolbar. I Cannot find any info about that. Overshoot/Undershoot seem pretty decent along with making a noise layer.
Attachments
oz_curvetools.PNG

Mathaeus

Re: Oz FCurve Tools?

Post by Mathaeus » 13 Dec 2016, 10:12

It is a plugin for XSI 6 I think, it's surprise that it even work today. Similarly to dozens of plugins for Maya, it's trying to automatize the work with animation curves. Used it a bit in these times, it worked. Didn't used it later, not because it is good or bad, it was just a "ICE age" with XSI 7, with another goals and interests, so had to ''optimize'' the direct animation to defaults, just to keep the Softimage tool set enough simple.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 13 Dec 2016, 10:37

Stay safe, sane & healthy!

gaboraa

Post by gaboraa » 13 Dec 2016, 11:00

Thanks guys for the info! Than it is better not to touch it such an aged plugin, chance of having problem is very likely.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 13 Dec 2016, 12:31

I wouldn't abandon it, just because it's ancient. Many of the older plugins still work as originally advertised. Just test its functionality before committing to it... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Draise

Post by Draise » 13 Dec 2016, 22:17

That noise tool would be awesome. Blender has it, and I wish I had it.. I remember trying to make noise in the Fcurves manually... blergh.

I think I'll use it.

I love how SI had things years ago before most people thought of it. :))

gaboraa

Post by gaboraa » 14 Dec 2016, 09:44

I tried and loved it, gave no error of any kind and seems like working just fine :-bd

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 16 Dec 2016, 11:23

Draise wrote:
I love how SI had things years ago before most people thought of it. :))
Well, I think all that and some unseen in SI world, actually existed for Maya, long time ago. When I come to XSI board with FND 4, I remember I've desperately seeking for some equivalent scripts, as already had a very basic knowledge of Maya. Without success anyway, our magic advice in these times was ''you can do it in Mixer", similar to well known ''you can do it with ICE'', later. Which actually worked, at least to some level. I think Softimage and SI user base is only case where these let's say alternative systems like Mixer or ICE, were really, really able to work as substitute, or even better solution, sometimes, than hundreds of plugins for Maya or Max.

Anyway, great plugin.