ICE Procedural Feather

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Procedural FeatherAuthor: Tim Marinov
Generates a procedural feather. Includes a number of useful strand-related compounds that can operate on their own. From the si-community thread: you have to create the curve along Y axis the center of the curve has to be on the first point the pointcloud has to be parented under the curve and to be at 0.0.0 TR ‐ Then you can transform or deform your curve and the feather will follow.

Video available here. See the thread linked below for all the details.

local backup: FeatherTool.rar

T.I.M.

ICE Procedural Feather

Post by T.I.M. » 05 May 2012, 21:15

This is something I did recently in my free time .Just having fun with ICE.

Limitation: :D
-you have to create the curve along Y axis
-the center of the curve has to be on the first point
-the pointcloud has to be parented under the curve and to be at 0.0.0 TR

Then you can transform or deform your curve and the feather will follow.

I am uploading a scene so you can see the setup and also the compounds.
You have to copy "tim_FeatherToll" folder under your workgroup>data>compounds, before you open the example scene.

Download

Feel free to improve it.When I get more free time I may make it better but for now that's it.

Cheers

arda3d

Re: ICE Procedural Feather

Post by arda3d » 08 May 2012, 13:31

A very fast way to make a feather. Thanks for sharing :)

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 15 May 2012, 22:18

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

anyheart

Post by anyheart » 06 Jul 2012, 19:09

it is a amazing tool ! thx!

nDman

Post by nDman » 08 Aug 2015, 21:09

Hi, i try to use this compound but i get this error (on both si-2013 & si-2015):

Code: Select all

WARNING : 3000-EDIT-AddICECompoundNode - Could not find node : Fill Interpolated Array

nDman

Post by nDman » 11 Aug 2015, 04:10

any help?

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 11 Aug 2015, 23:28

Did you tried to contact the author?

nDman

Post by nDman » 12 Aug 2015, 00:58

Nope, but i will.

Pancho

Post by Pancho » 12 Aug 2015, 17:55

Did you dissect the compounds and repair it yourself or is it not loading at all or even crashing?

Tekano

Post by Tekano » 13 Aug 2015, 00:24

Tim, an ex colleague and friend of mine, has moved on from ICE and is mostly working as a film effects artist using Houdini at MPC, and also has a young family, so he has little time left to help out here.

Myself on the other hand, am still using SI daily, just dont check in this forum that often, so here is info you need.

If you open the scene file that Tim provided it all works fine in 2015 straightaway and the 'fill interp array' compound is clearly there in the 'Create_ F_Base_Strand' compound. So the error is from how you exported his compound from the scene.

My suggestion is to go back to the provided scene and re-export the master compound 'Tim_Feather_Generator' but make sure you tick the box that says 'embed internal compounds' and you will find that all the missing internal compounds are now included.

a clear user error problem , there is nothing wrong with this compound in 2013 - 2015 whatsoever.
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

nDman

Post by nDman » 13 Aug 2015, 01:21

Pancho wrote:Did you dissect the compounds and repair it yourself or is it not loading at all or even crashing?
Yes but i'm not much skilled in ICE ;)
It don't make the Base_Strand.
Tekano wrote:Tim, an ex colleague and friend of mine, has moved on from ICE and is mostly working as a film effects artist using Houdini at MPC, and also has a young family, so he has little time left to help out here.

Myself on the other hand, am still using SI daily, just dont check in this forum that often, so here is info you need.

If you open the scene file that Tim provided it all works fine in 2015 straightaway and the 'fill interp array' compound is clearly there in the 'Create_ F_Base_Strand' compound. So the error is from how you exported his compound from the scene.

My suggestion is to go back to the provided scene and re-export the master compound 'Tim_Feather_Generator' but make sure you tick the box that says 'embed internal compounds' and you will find that all the missing internal compounds are now included.

a clear user error problem , there is nothing wrong with this compound in 2013 - 2015 whatsoever.
This trick worked :-bd now it works properly. Thanks so much :ymhug: