FC TD Pack

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

FC TD PackAuthor: Fabricio Chamon
Fabricio, one of the most notable Softimage plugin developers, just released the »FC TD Pack«, a productivity toolkit with over 150 ICE compounds, scripts and commands which he developed and uses for his daily work at CLAN vfx.

The tools are targeted towards TDs/generalists and cover every aspect of the software like modeling, animation, rigging, particles, interoperabilty, layers, groups, CrowdFX, math, weightmaps, strands, utilities, tracking etc..

Have a look at a FC TD Pack, a video demo he created showcasing just some of the tools included. For the full listing, see FC_TD_Pack_Documentation.pdf.

Available for $15 (plus voluntary amount) here at gumroad.

New plugins, tools etc.
fabricio.chamon

FC TD Pack

Post by fabricio.chamon » 17 Jun 2015, 15:15

Hey there!

In the past months, many people have asked for my compounds and plugins, so I decided to pack everything into one file. I call it "TD Pack", but it's really not only for TD's =).

These tools cover a wide range of uses, and helped me develop some speed on daily activities. Things like "Freezing" an instance pointcloud, reverting instances back to models, managing groups and partitions, baking ICE UV's, exporting/importing character animations, melena and momentum extensions are all covered inside this pack.

What's inside?

gumroad page

...and the promo video:

El Burritoh

Re: FC TD Pack

Post by El Burritoh » 17 Jun 2015, 15:49

Whoa! Thanks so much for this, Fabricio! I could use some of these immediately...

By the way, your rock compound continues to be my go-to method for generating rocks. Really nice work on that. It's just a shame there aren't other procedural noise types available in ICE for pushing things even further. The old Enhance procedurals had some really great ones for creating rock shapes, for example (render time only though). I often wish some of those noise effects were available in ICE.
-Tim Crowson
High Nerd, of the Order of Magnetic Nerds
Personal Website

Helli

Post by Helli » 17 Jun 2015, 17:06

What are we talking about ?

Something like this when it comes to noise ?

http://andy.moonbase.net/archives/410

El Burritoh

Post by El Burritoh » 17 Jun 2015, 17:20

Ah! Sorry I didn't mean for this to go off-topic...

Mario, yes, something like that. I was also thinking of the 'Noise' effects in the Enhance:Modo texture set. Some of those are amazing on their own ('Strata' for example), but when you combine them you get some extra nice results.
-Tim Crowson
Personal Website

Draise

Post by Draise » 17 Jun 2015, 22:45

Wow, very generous!!

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 17 Jun 2015, 23:34

Fantastic. Thanks fabrizio.

fabricio.chamon

Post by fabricio.chamon » 18 Jun 2015, 05:49

Hi Tim,

well I have something here that might be worth puting inside the pack. It's a Ridged MultiFractal compound. Its well suited for terrains and a lot of fun to tweak and find new looks. Here are some examples images:

(..and the same applied to a sphere)

...and a video showing the result of the node used on top of FC Rock to add details.

I have one ICE compound and one shadertree compound that works for Arnold, they do not produce the same exact results, but both are cool =).

will put inside the pack and redistribute for those who already purchased.

El Burritoh

Post by El Burritoh » 18 Jun 2015, 06:40

Oh that's great! Can't wait to play around with that. Thanks so much for including this too!
-Tim Crowson
Personal Website

druitre

Post by druitre » 18 Aug 2015, 17:03

Bought, together with QuickScatter, if only just to pay you back for countless uses of FC_rocks and aging cobwebs :)

Could've used the instantiate proxy thingy sooo well last month...

cheers,
Jasper

El Burritoh

Post by El Burritoh » 18 Aug 2015, 17:14

I totally missed the QuickScatter tool!

Does QuickScatter only let you choose one master mesh, or can you pick a group of meshes?
-Tim Crowson
Personal Website

fabricio.chamon

Post by fabricio.chamon » 18 Aug 2015, 18:44

@Jasper: thanks mate, I appreciate your support =) btw I'm releasing updates for both FC TD Pack and Quickscatter in a few days (you'll be receiving an e-mail).

@Tim: one master mesh per scatter only, but I'm working on a linked setup button that will let you instance multi-part objects.