id love to see some modeling update. Modeling is the first thing everyone has to do still we are left so behind.. i dont get why.
Gave up on rendering btw.
- A sweep modifier that actually works and its not convoluted and buggy to use
- Update to curves, creating a fillet on a curve is just...stupid in soft.
- Extrude with interactive sliders and more options, check graphite modeling tools
- Object paint
- Duplicate with precisions to create patterns
- Advanced snaps and build planes
- More deformers, we have ICE damn.. we can create procedural geometry, have some nice stuff going on like "Clovis Gay" showed for max. Still nothing.
There is really a lot that can be done in modeling.
I dont like the path Softimage took, they just throw at you ICE and you are on your own, build your own tools now.
It would be nice to see some serious updates/development from AD.
Yes my exact thoughs on this. I really want to see more deformers and maybe deformer previews/guides.
- I always miss a surface deformer with a support for meshes also.
- Maybe a brush that can work like Maya's sculpt brushes, If you don't know Maya's brush system, you should check it, they made it similar to Zbrush, shit for smoothing, ctrl for add/subtract etc.
- A retopology tool, more modeling tools like cut with curve, more primitives, interactive symmetry etc.
- Also for me , GUI should be changed also, maybe I will get negative criticism but if you are familiar with blender's GUI you may understand what I mean. You can interactively edit its GUI without coding and other stuff also it has a nice feature like changing the colors of the application. You can use blender as pink yellow, blue etc, sky is the limit.
I really want to see this kind of changes for SI and hope to see them in the next releases.