Hide and object when it go in a certain area.

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
Diurno

Hide and object when it go in a certain area.

Post by Diurno » 12 Feb 2010, 15:55

Hi all, i was wondering if there is a way to hide an object when it go in a certain area of the scene.

Dunno, maybe an Ice compound that use a Volume object that says: "Ok dude, when you go inside that one you'll become invisible!".

Ps. obiousbly if the object is only an half in the "hide area", only half of it has to bee invisible. :D

Qwesto

Re: Hide and object when it go in a certain area.

Post by Qwesto » 24 Feb 2010, 15:06

Hi there :)

If it's an object you can key it's visibilty(check the stack), of course you need two halves, meaning 2 separate objects. To hide polygons I you could create a polygon cluster, for the polys to hide. First select the polygons, then right click them>create cluster(or cluster with center). Right click the cluster in the viewport>add visibilty. You can now decide if it's hidden in render, the viewport or both, which I recommend. Press 0 to fire up the fcurve editor there's a little plus now, if you you click on it you see the two vis channels ;)

Hope it helps,

Diurno

Post by Diurno » 25 Feb 2010, 09:47

I solved with the BoolTrace addon.

The solution you've suggested it's not applicable in my case, cause this object has to be animated many many times, and every time it goes in the X position, a piece of it has to disappear.

Qwesto

Post by Qwesto » 25 Feb 2010, 15:34

Ah okay now I see what you were talking about. Glad you could solve the issue :)

Diurno

Post by Diurno » 26 Feb 2010, 10:33

you can see the result in the My new bot topic in Wip section; the "aperture" in the middle of the hand that let come out the blade is the object that has to been hide; you can notice that when it open doesn't come out trought the borders of the "hand"