Animation Clips

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
dance

Animation Clips

Post by dance » 14 Dec 2009, 18:53

Does anyone know of any good tutorials on making animation clips im stumbling through it... I saw the example one that softimage did with the mocapman and the help files but still is not enough info.

dance

Re: Animation Clips

Post by dance » 15 Dec 2009, 04:24

Ok i have been able to store my source animations and now im mixing away but i still need to learn how to make my 3 objects appear and disappear in my annimation sequences...any suggestions would help.

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 15 Dec 2009, 12:35

Hi..!

Would you please be a bit more precise, what exactly you problem is? Thanks..!

oliver

dance

Post by dance » 15 Dec 2009, 13:31

Lets say i have 3 objects all in same position/location but all are shaped different. Now i do not want all the shapes to appear at once i want to make a animation clips and have them mix so the objects appear and dissappear. Ok so the first animation clip one of the objects appears the other two objects stay hidden the second animation clip the second object appears and the first and thrid are hidden the third animation clip the third object appears the first and second stays hidden...

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 15 Dec 2009, 20:24

Hi..!

Hope I´ve got you right..so, take a look into the added scene and let me know ;)

Just made a quick setup. I´ve just stored an action for one mesh and one frame each, visible and invisible. Then just copied the actions and replaced the item name in the clip-ppg (you can find in explorer under scene/mixer/source/animation/ ). Then dropped them into the mixer and arranged the anim...hope this helps..!

cheers
oliver
Attachments
Mixer_test.rar
(65.63 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

dance

Post by dance » 16 Dec 2009, 00:28

Yeah nice sample thanks...

I understand everything you did the only part is how to make the objects visible and invisible while animating them.

Also i tested this script today GP_easy_hide_unhide which works but is not the best way.
Last edited by dance on 16 Dec 2009, 01:42, edited 2 times in total.

dance

Post by dance » 16 Dec 2009, 00:48

Ok i got it now thanks to your example was able to fumble through it...the missing element was the object/visibility properties there is a key at top left corner to stamp the visibility options to the animation...
Attachments
SimpleVis.rar
Simple Visability
(61.54 KiB) Downloaded 104 times