Would this be considered a bug and should it be reported?

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
dwigfor

Would this be considered a bug and should it be reported?

Post by dwigfor » 11 Apr 2013, 22:21

When I drag a clip in the animation mixer onto a muted track, it still remains active. Only when I unmute the track, and then mute it again, will it become inactive. SI2013 SP1

dwigfor

Re: Would this be considered a bug and should it be reported?

Post by dwigfor » 11 Apr 2013, 23:29

I really want to like the animation mixer, but sometimes it really pisses me the ^&*^ off.... Could someone test this...

* import clip onto mixer track
* right click clip, Time Properties
* Under Warp, click Do Warp, select the curve, right click, Keys, Unlock Keys
* Adjust first frame so it matches last, add 2 additional keys in the middle (pingpong effect).
* Dunno if it matters, but I changed the handles to spline and gave it a rounded bounce
* So far so good..... Now to kill the clip.... Drag the middle handle, right side of clip, to shorten the length of the clip. My middle keyframes seem to drop down to negative infinity and it totally ruins the clip.

I can't undo the warp and must resort to reimporting the clip, make sure I stretch the length FIRST, then do the warp and pray I don't need to adjust the length again....

(wheres that xsibase emoticon of the guy smashing his head against the wall......) ~x(

PS. Copying the clip in the mixer (ctrl drag the clip) also kills the warp/clip. I can duplicate the clip fine if I don't have "inner" keyframes in the clip warp.

Draise

Re: Would this be considered a bug and should it be reported?

Post by Draise » 12 Apr 2013, 11:03

I've had problems with clips also, maybe not quite yours, but in a case using the "C" key transition blend between clips instead of the "T" key transition blend, don't remember the names. Sometimes with the C transition, let's call it, over another clip, then in playback, the clips blending over each other square my rig joints and deform the skin beyond anything sane, thus corrupting the mesh, and I can't undo. I have to avoid transitions between these two clips, and specifically these clips. This has happened to me due to creating animation clips between different rig versions. I am not sure how to fix it. :| But I guess redoing my animation clips with the new rig might help.

I hope you find an alternative solution. Sometimes it's easier to create a new clip with the proper needs than changing what is already there. Also, sometimes values in a layered animation affects things.