UV Editor | Weird issue clip not displaying

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
nuverian

UV Editor | Weird issue clip not displaying

Post by nuverian » 20 Jun 2013, 15:48

So, ok until now I thought I'll just let it pass, but it really starts pissing me off :-)

It seems that sometimes the UV Editor is unable to load the image clip and instead it shows blank. Changing this to checkecrs for example works though. It just has some issues with certain image clips sometimes. If I go and recconect the clip in the material then it works again, but that a bit inconvenient isn't it.

Does it occurs to any of you, or know whats the possible fix?

Thanks
Portfolio / Blog
http://www.nuverian.net

SpookyMunky

Re: UV Editor | Weird issue clip not displaying

Post by SpookyMunky » 30 Jun 2013, 02:36

This doesn't sound familiar to me really, one suggestion I guess would be playing around with the file - preferences - editors - texture editor - image tab... interpolate, clip resolution etc settings. I guess another reason might be if you have clusters with different materials, say you selected some polys and assigned a material, or just made a cluster first... texture editor only loads up the clip associated with the base objects material. There are also nodes that might mess it up (though I can't think on any tbh).. nodes between the texture and the diffuse input I mean. gl :)

j3st3r

Re: UV Editor | Weird issue clip not displaying

Post by j3st3r » 02 Jul 2013, 08:04

Have you exported your model to FBX? FBX export tends to give bad cropping value to the image on the model. XMin=0, xMax=0, YMin=1, YMax=1 or similar. If you check the PPG of the image, and the image displays as empty, just RMB and tell the PPG to Uncrop.