Arnold for Cinema4D

Forum for users who have migrated or are migrating to Cinema 4D
MauricioPC

Re: Arnold for Cinema4D

Post by MauricioPC » 18 Mar 2015, 16:35

I'm guessing here, but I believe that as soon as the Houdini and Cinema 4D version are released, they are removing it.

Makes sense since with Houdini Indie and C4D, the customers would be freelancers more than studios, which they are already established at.

xsisupport

Post by xsisupport » 18 Mar 2015, 17:02

MauricioPC wrote:Makes sense since with Houdini Indie and C4D, the customers would be freelancers more than studios, which they are already established at.
Houdini Indie doesn't support third-party renderers.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

Nox

Post by Nox » 18 Mar 2015, 18:37

I guess there is no point buying less than 5 licenses anyway if you render animation and if you are rendering stills there is no point in buying Arnold :>

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 18 Mar 2015, 20:06

MauricioPC wrote:I'm guessing here, but I believe that as soon as the Houdini and Cinema 4D version are released, they are removing it.

Makes sense since with Houdini Indie and C4D, the customers would be freelancers more than studios, which they are already established at.
Found Mantra a fairly faster, in same path-tracing conditions, but have to admit I haven't chance to play with Arnold that much. However I'd be sure in advance, Arnold should be a much better choice when it comes to really, really huge scenes - but, hard to imagine one man band, able to create and manage such a scene in reasonable time.
But Mantra is not only a path-tracer, it has a lot of old-school fast trickery on disposal, deep shadow maps through volumes, faked caustics, so on.
Also it's hard to imagine C4d motion graphics user, preferring Arnold over Octane - unless there's something really huge to render.
Somehow I'd like more to see the Redshift for both. Anyway, good news, in any case.

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 18 Mar 2015, 21:04

Speaking of one-man band huge scenes ... take a look at this.

3ds Max can handle large scenes with heavy poly better than Cinema 4D or Maya (imo and with my hardware specs).

As for Arnold, I actually never used, just seen some good videos about it. Redshift is coming for 3ds Max, as 3Delight, which just launched the commercial version of it http://www.si-community.com/community/v ... =51&t=5806.

The majority of Cinema 4D users are motion graphics, but I do believe that the generalist type is increasing. I would think C4D future plan is to be a 3ds Max/Softimage of sorts, in the sense that it'll become a perfect tool for all kinds of work (be it product pack, animation, VFX).

I'm guessing, but I see Cinema 4D becoming more robust or even Max improving before Houdini becomes a Softimage type of tool.
xsisupport wrote:Houdini Indie doesn't support third-party renderers.
Thanks for correcting me. :)

forton

Post by forton » 28 Apr 2015, 23:31

I don't know why the "minimum order of 5" statement is still on their website.
I think if you ask them they will even sell you a single license.
Last edited by forton on 29 Apr 2015, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

xsisupport

Post by xsisupport » 29 Apr 2015, 12:59

forton wrote:I don't know why the "minimum order of 5" statement is still on their website.
Because that (your purchase) is an exception, not the rule.
// Steve Blair
//

forton

Post by forton » 29 Apr 2015, 19:34

Oops, sorry, I made some false conclusions there.

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 29 Apr 2015, 22:28

I'm guessing, but I see Cinema 4D becoming more robust or even Max improving before Houdini becomes a Softimage type of tool.

The problem with Houdini is cultural and that is the most difficult thing to change. Impossible in many cases.

xsisupport

Post by xsisupport » 29 Apr 2015, 23:06

Hirazi Blue wrote:On a vaguely related note (as it doesn't specifically concern the Cinema4D plugin): Will the "the minimum order of 5" restriction ever be lifted? Or will at least the statement "We will soon lift this restriction" be removed from the website, as the “soon” seems to have lost most of its meaning?
soon

My guess is that it will happen sometime soon, maybe after this. But to be honest, I don't know for sure.
// Steve Blair
//

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 30 Apr 2015, 00:06

haha
Thanks for the reply BTW. ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 30 Apr 2015, 16:22

Some nice updates on how the integration is coming in the CGTalk thread.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... ge=5&pp=15

xsisupport

Post by xsisupport » 07 May 2015, 14:17

xsisupport wrote:
Hirazi Blue wrote:On a vaguely related note (as it doesn't specifically concern the Cinema4D plugin): Will the "the minimum order of 5" restriction ever be lifted? Or will at least the statement "We will soon lift this restriction" be removed from the website, as the “soon” seems to have lost most of its meaning?
soon

My guess is that it will happen sometime soon, maybe after this. But to be honest, I don't know for sure.
In the C3DtoA LiveStream video from FMX (which is no longer accessible), the big M talks briefly about the C4DtoA release date and pricing (next week, node-locked licenses are 40% cheaper)
// Steve Blair
//

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 07 May 2015, 16:02

Come on! Why they deleted the channel? All the presentations were there, I was watching the one about the guys nominated at the Oscar and wanted to watch the RealFlow one. That's lame from FMX/Maxon.

But Arnold seemed very powerful and fast (but I don't know the spec of the machine).

xsisupport

Post by xsisupport » 07 May 2015, 19:07

MauricioPC wrote:Come on! Why they deleted the channel? All the presentations were there, I was watching the one about the guys nominated at the Oscar and wanted to watch the RealFlow one. That's lame from FMX/Maxon.

But Arnold seemed very powerful and fast (but I don't know the spec of the machine).
Technical difficulties? The page now says
We're currently having problems with our live stream - we're working on fixing it. We apologize for any inconvenience.
// Steve Blair
//

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 07 May 2015, 22:02

YES! And it's back on! :D

Guys, take a look at the Arnold presentation (really good) and the Houdini one (noseman is too funny).

http://livestream.com/FMX2015/MAXON