My way with Blender

Forum for users who have migrated or are migrating to Blender
Bullit

My way with Blender

Post by Bullit » 25 Mar 2016, 17:13

This will be a series of posts with my reactions learning Blender. I hope to show some work when things get more advanced.

- Overloaded interface is obviously the first reaction.
- 3ds Max interface setting well doesn't include many keys like wireframe, solid. To make it worse when i was playing with F1, 2 keys there was no obvious way to return back.
- Render options have no obvious way to save default in its own Gui, i had to go to save startup scene.
Making a render preset instead was easy.

No obvious way to point/zoom in zoom out the camera from camera viewport.

No obvious way to render the viewport instead of the camera.

That fact that i have to save scene startup settings to define several settings makes it is impossible to do that while i work since it would mean that it would delete other settings.

Draise

Re: My way with Blender

Post by Draise » 25 Mar 2016, 18:15

A friend of mine is re-building the UI a bit.

Maybe that would be more in your flavour.

Blender for Artists

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 25 Mar 2016, 19:16

Thanks i'll check it.
I have found that it came up with Blender a Softimage theme that gets a bit easier on eyes.

bb3d

Post by bb3d » 26 Mar 2016, 02:06

Bullit wrote: No obvious way to point/zoom in zoom out the camera from camera viewport.
You have to set the option "Lock Camera to View" in the N-panel for that, otherwise it's a 2D pan/zoom. Personally I like it that way, because it prevents to accidentally move the camera while looking through it.
That fact that i have to save scene startup settings to define several settings makes it is impossible to do that while i work since it would mean that it would delete other settings.
You can start Blender a second time with an empty scene, make your settings and save startup scene again. And you can have multiple scenes within the same blend.-file with different render settings.
This also allows material or property overrides per object similar to Softimage renderpasses, but first you have to understand the concept of Blender's datablocks and how they are linked to each other.