Please "fix" Maya docs

Forum for users who have migrated or are migrating to Maya
Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Please "fix" Maya docs

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Jul 2014, 20:36

I fully understand that it’s a silly dream for Maya to ever to become more “like Softimage”, but could someone from the former Softimage team please at least try to bring the Maya documentation up to the same level of quality and user friendliness as the Softimage documentation. I have been critical in the past at the way I thought the quality of the Softimage documentation was somewhat slipping over the years, but now that I’m trying to work with the Maya documentation I gladly take all that criticism back (and fully accept the irony).
:ympray:
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

grahamef

Re: Please "fix" Maya docs

Post by grahamef » 24 Jul 2014, 18:58

Hi Hirazi,

As you know, I used to work on the Softimage docs. I'm now working on certain areas of the Maya docs (Bifröst and colour management, to be exact).

As I started learning Maya, I ran into many of the same issues as you. In fact I still do, when first approaching unfamiliar areas of Maya.

The Maya doc team is fully aware that there are issues with the docs, and that recent changes to our online publishing system have introduced some new issues. There is an ongoing effort to update content and improve the organization. However, this work must be balanced against documentation for new features, and there is a huge amount of existing content to be that needs revision, so at best you can expect to see gradual improvements.

gray

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: Please "fix" Maya docs

Post by Hirazi Blue » 24 Jul 2014, 19:25

Thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated. :ymhug:
It's good to know, the Maya doc team at least is aware of (some of) the limitations of the docs.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!