New animation Software ("akeytsu")

News concerning 3D DCC business
Ahmidou

Re: New animation Software ("akeytsu")

Post by Ahmidou » 21 Jul 2014, 03:23

Well I'd like to see the rigging part, and how extensible it is (if so)

grendizer

Post by grendizer » 21 Jul 2014, 14:18

How exactly is "no rigging" made? Invisible skeleton and control objects?

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 22 Jul 2014, 21:51

does look interesting but also wondering how it would deal with character changes, for example aniamted character like this guy and need to replace current small back pack with huge camper one for example or any other changes that can occur.

I'm still a bti tied to workflow where everything is all in one, where you model and animate,. light and render in practically same scene instead of all transfer things...

looking forward to see any workflow videos, modeling -> animation in it-> modeling changes -> animation fixes -> scene assembly... for example

pluMmet

Post by pluMmet » 15 Oct 2014, 13:48

"As mentioned previously we remained quite silent until now as we are deeply focused on development… but it was not the only reason .
Since SIGGRAPH we have been discussing an investment opportunity with a potential partner, and we are making great progress there. That is excellent news for nukeygara as it will allow us to complete the development and offer you an improved first version of akeytsu. However it means we will shift the launch of akeytsu nanno version by a few months… but not too much so that we can deliver a great experience."

Here we go... another one bites the dust!

Most likely death by AD...

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 15 Oct 2014, 14:02

Wasn't there a similar statement fairly recently by the makers of project Messiah? :-?
That might answer the question with whom, but sadly not the more important question why...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

pluMmet

Post by pluMmet » 15 Oct 2014, 14:09

Hirazi Blue wrote:Wasn't there a similar statement fairly recently by the makers of project Messiah? :-?
That might answer the question with whom, but sadly not the more important question why...
If they are partnering with each other and there will be a perpetual license than I could not be happier :)

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 15 Oct 2014, 20:04

Probably too far-fetched.

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 16 Oct 2014, 00:44

Hirazi Blue wrote:Probably too far-fetched.

Probably, but it would be awesome!

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 16 Oct 2014, 02:41

Are you being sarcastic? I don't know but, whenever I hear of Marc Petit involved in something I get qweezy/weary.

I can understand how it can be hard to not sell-out when someone comes-in with a ton of doe,

But I think it's sad that it happened before they even got started (which I guess depends on who's the 'new partner')

God I hope it doesn't become just yet another Maya plugin as opposed to their own thing and that they still have a say on how things go.
(if it's indeed Marc)

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 16 Oct 2014, 11:14

FXDude wrote:Are you being sarcastic? I don't know but, whenever I hear of Marc Petit involved in something I get qweezy/weary.

I can understand how it can be hard to not sell-out when someone comes-in with a ton of doe,

But I think it's sad that it happened before they even got started (which I guess depends on who's the 'new partner')

God I hope it doesn't become just yet another Maya plugin as opposed to their own thing and that they still have a say on how things go.
(if it's indeed Marc)
I guess I was thinking of something in the lines of FE, but I forgot that Marc is just a investor, nothing else. So yeah ... it's a shame depending on the outcome.

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 16 Oct 2014, 12:20

Oh! I was actually referring to when he was at Soft (SMC vs. SubD's in V1.0 depite most of everyones dissaproval, among a few other things).. and well then at AD when SI was absorbed.. how it was dealt with, which didn't at all help for what came after.

But FE seem to be doing fine, so I guess it's a good sign.

We were talking about Hair in Soft a few threads back, and FE is one that brought easy hair in soft, (as one of countless examples).
Last edited by FXDude on 16 Oct 2014, 12:31, edited 3 times in total.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 16 Oct 2014, 12:29

MauricioPC wrote:but I forgot that Marc is just a investor, nothing else.
I think you underestimate Marc Petit ever so slightly.
If anything he strikes me as a rather proactive investor wherever he gets the chance. ;)

druitre

Post by druitre » 16 Oct 2014, 15:01

From http://www.3dtotal.com/index_interviews ... D_Auha7k4w
3dt: What is the pricing of Akeytsu and is there a trial available for those looking to test-drive the software?

AC: Yes, there will be a 30-day trial. Akeytsu is planned to be offered in 2 different commercial versions: Akeytsu Nanno (first launch) at $200 US per year, per seat. And Akeytsu at $680 US per year, per seat.

The Nanno version is the perfect package for indies and small studios. There will also be special rates for schools and educational versions available, too.

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 26 Nov 2014, 11:45

was checking in to see how things are going as it looked interesting piece to keep an eye out.
just saw this news

http://www.nukeygara.com/news/news

So anyone smell AD here? :))) hopefully not ;)

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 21 Feb 2015, 22:08

This demonstration video surfaced a couple of days ago...

druitre

Post by druitre » 24 Feb 2015, 12:32

It looks very interesting, keeping an eye on it!