New animation Software ("akeytsu")

News concerning 3D DCC business
spurv

New animation Software ("akeytsu")

Post by spurv » 22 Jun 2014, 11:04

Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: New animation Software

Post by Hirazi Blue » 22 Jun 2014, 11:29

Might be interesting indeed. But let them first put a price tag on it (even if only by approximation).
After that I am more than willing to get excited about it, if need be...
:D
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 22 Jun 2014, 14:46

Also some form of trial , or even this is how we do stuff video would be in order. Until then the spinning wheel thingy is relegated the same place of suspicion as the autodesk home cube.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 22 Jun 2014, 20:15

I deeply dislike the interface. Can't say much about anything else.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

luceric

Post by luceric » 23 Jun 2014, 00:01

angus_davidson wrote: Until then the spinning wheel thingy is relegated the same place of suspicion as the autodesk home cube.
looks like a "pie menu", aka marking menu

grendizer

Post by grendizer » 23 Jun 2014, 10:08

workflow video?

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 24 Jun 2014, 12:51

not a single workflow video as mentioned. .. pretty pictures doesn't mean much especially when selling program for animation :)

luceric

Post by luceric » 24 Jun 2014, 15:46

They say it's only coming in October, and shown first at siggraph.
Last edited by luceric on 22 Feb 2015, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: New animation Software ("akeytsu")

Post by Hirazi Blue » 29 Jun 2014, 11:12

Still no workflow video (or other useful info),
but now we've at least have a new image to gaze at that shows a bit of the interface apparently...

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 29 Jun 2014, 16:19

when you create webpage to promote your software then it is selling.
just pointing out that it is hard to judge about software based on only couple pretty images.
also if I were making something to offer, would make sure that first contact with potential clients is covered, giving information piece by piece is old marketing that doesn't really work well in every target audience.
who today have time to now bookmark this page and start checking out every couple months.
Who ever work is too busy for that and if you receive some piece of info like news about new software good thing would be to go there and get all needed information to at least get some picture how it looks like and to be able to base opinion if it is interesting or not to look further into.

on the other hand I always tough that AD sneak peeks are restarted and people using 3d software don't need to be teased by 1 video every couple weeks or so but need facts nd list of things to be able to decide if it is worth upgrade or not in first watch and not to be forced to spend a lot more time getting info piece by piece.

Maybe this is all not coming exactly how I imagined but point is: if they are offering new player on the animation market, then provide at least enough details to make sure people know what is it about and what is it capable of to determine if it is worth looking further into it or not.

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 29 Jun 2014, 20:08

Don't want to take the side :), there, but, from my understanding, they are creating something along line of, what's called 'revolutionary dreamworks animation software'. That is, much improved interaction, based on complex system under the hood, in order to get as much 'natural' behavior, from user's point of view. If so, if this thing become trend, many syndicates all around, won't be happy with this. Such system should bring a lot of simplifications, new rules, for users. Harder for riggers to deal with it, if possible at all.
For authors, definitively is important to show the flag, 'we are working on it'. Perhaps they already know where to sell the first important numbers.
By the way, they already displayed so much more info, than Solid Angle in first five years :) Imho it's really funny to see the complaints of type, 'they don't show enough', in community of unrecoverable Arnold fanboys :), ready to pay 10k for beta under DNA.

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 19 Jul 2014, 03:12

A teaser popped up!

Google Translate French Interview: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... &sandbox=1

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 19 Jul 2014, 08:46

This is jaw dropping... :-o Would be funny if Autodesk acquires it and discontinues it. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 19 Jul 2014, 14:46

From the Google Translate article MauricioPC provided:
So yes, we have a system of extremely lightweight rigging or rather, I'd say, a "no rigging."
Personally I think this to be the key point (if and especially how they pull this off), not the fact that you can animate in it pleasantly, as the video seems to show.
;)

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 19 Jul 2014, 15:01

Hirazi Blue wrote:From the Google Translate article MauricioPC provided:
So yes, we have a system of extremely lightweight rigging or rather, I'd say, a "no rigging."
Personally I think this to be the key point (if and especially how they pull this off), not the fact that you can animate in it pleasantly, as the video seems to show.
;)
Of course that the ability to animate pleasantly will be great, but I agree that the "no rigging" part looks awesome given it's (for me) the most boring part. ^:)^

Draise

Post by Draise » 19 Jul 2014, 17:43

It does look good.