nourvfx

Re: SI Technology Previews

Post by nourvfx » 07 Mar 2012, 14:46

yes thats right

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 07 Mar 2012, 21:58

A slight detour back to the "easter egg" gustavoeb found, earlier in this thread: with "Crowds" in mind, Mark Schoennagels most recent entry of his Planet Softimage blog might get some new meaning, where he writes:
It's looking like a pretty massive release
:))
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

ace63

Post by ace63 » 07 Mar 2012, 23:57

Hm - might be an intended pun or not ;)
So I guess we might get behavior restored in a new ICE way?

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 08 Mar 2012, 00:42

It's looking like a pretty massive release
Not a good idea to make it massive couz it'll take extra damage from Corruptors. :-B
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 08 Mar 2012, 09:55

Please do not read too much into my previous remark! I thought it to be a funny coincidence and wanted to lighten the mood of the thread a little. Don't go out buying/selling Autodesk stock on my account just yet...
:ymhug:

edit -
In other news: Bellsey has (once again) deleted his "Softimage Sneak Peak" video. It's again unclear, why he did it, it might have been for the harsh criticism that piled up in the comments of that blog post or it might have been because of the uncovered "easter egg". Or one of a million obvious reasons I haven't even thought of. Like they say: "Whatever..."

SreckoM

Post by SreckoM » 08 Mar 2012, 10:19

Honestly, whatever ...
- H -

ace63

Post by ace63 » 08 Mar 2012, 11:10

Honestly I think it is really sad for everyone to start a flamewar in the comments. The video was obviously made to show some smaller changes and not big features which need to stay undercover until the official announcement.
I actually liked the video and don't think Bellsey deserves all the flaming.

About the crowds thing:
This might actually just have been a custom compound or node under a custom category, so this is all just speculation.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 08 Mar 2012, 11:14

I agree on both counts, but lacking true info sometimes its fun/tempting to speculate... ;)

Bellsey

Post by Bellsey » 08 Mar 2012, 18:21

in answer to peoples speculation, yes I did remove the video and blog post. There was some negative comments, which being honest, didn't really bother me. People are entitled to their opinions, however I couldn't seem to make people at least try to understand where I/we was coming from and every reply I made seemed to fuel the fire even more. So I removed stuff before things got evem more out of hand.

gustavoeb

Post by gustavoeb » 08 Mar 2012, 18:41

sad stuff... and then people complain SI does not get any love and care [-x
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

Nizar

Post by Nizar » 08 Mar 2012, 18:48

Bellsey wrote:in answer to peoples speculation, yes I did remove the video and blog post. There was some negative comments, which being honest, didn't really bother me. People are entitled to their opinions, however I couldn't seem to make people at least try to understand where I/we was coming from and every reply I made seemed to fuel the fire even more. So I removed stuff before things got evem more out of hand.
Ops... I hope my comments didn't seems too harsh or explicit direct to you in anyway... if yes I'm really sorry about, and must give you my excuses.

As I wrote in other circumstance, I really like some AD men talk with customers in this forum and your effort is really good IMO.

luceric

Post by luceric » 09 Mar 2012, 00:57

Inside Autodesk, there is a push to address "little annoying things" and that will be reflected in 2013 marketing. It's part of a "we listen" push. It's a project for Max (as you could see on Youtube) and Maya, and the idea of that video is obviously to show the Softimage equivalent. However, for normal people outside the company who cannot possibly know that this is a marketing theme across products, it looks like an isolated demo of not very interesting fixes. This is just not what people want to hear right now, and 3dsMax didn't just make one video about minor fixes, there were a variety bits previewed and peeked at the same time.

Bellsey

Post by Bellsey » 09 Mar 2012, 03:46

Nizar wrote:
Bellsey wrote:in answer to peoples speculation, yes I did remove the video and blog post. There was some negative comments, which being honest, didn't really bother me. People are entitled to their opinions, however I couldn't seem to make people at least try to understand where I/we was coming from and every reply I made seemed to fuel the fire even more. So I removed stuff before things got evem more out of hand.
Ops... I hope my comments didn't seems too harsh or explicit direct to you in anyway... if yes I'm really sorry about, and must give you my excuses.

As I wrote in other circumstance, I really like some AD men talk with customers in this forum and your effort is really good IMO.
Apologies for a late reply, I am on US time and have been on the GDC booth all day.

Nizer - don't worry, I was more referring to comments made in direct reply to my blog post on the AREA and not any comments made here on these forums. From what I could tell, most of the AREA posts were from users who hadn't posted on here. The replies were not nasty or vindictive either it was just that I realised that any more replies on my part wouldn't of really been beneficial.

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 09 Mar 2012, 06:20

luceric wrote:Inside Autodesk, there is a push to address "little annoying things" and that will be reflected in 2013 marketing. It's part of a "we listen" push. It's a project for Max (as you could see on Youtube) and Maya, and the idea of that video is obviously to show the Softimage equivalent. However, for normal people outside the company who cannot possibly know that this is a marketing theme across products, it looks like an isolated demo of not very interesting fixes. This is just not what people want to hear right now, and 3dsMax didn't just make one video about minor fixes, there were a variety bits previewed and peeked at the same time.
Fixed annoying things is always a good thing, be they little or big, but what about the new stuff? When?! Or it has been said and I've missed it? x_x
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

SreckoM

Post by SreckoM » 09 Mar 2012, 10:27

But we do not have little annoying things :D
- H -

ace63

Post by ace63 » 09 Mar 2012, 11:04

Oh trust me we have...