Vray for Softimage official release

News concerning 3D DCC business
nourvfx

Re: Vray for Softimage official release

Post by nourvfx » 25 Feb 2012, 21:56

vray quality is very bettee than arnold .do you can Denial of quality vray on the this two pic witch i loded.
in all of mode GI on vray bruteforce only iradeancemap only and light cash only vray beter than arnold i increase aa samples in arnold from 3 to 10 and my render time in arnold change from 3min to 27min.i think this beter for me i work with vray for hair render
this test .arnold with aasamples is 10 and defult samples
render tim is about 27min
Attachments
arnold_27m20s.jpg
arnold_27m20s.jpg (172.8 KiB) Viewed 1984 times

Memag

Post by Memag » 25 Feb 2012, 21:59

I'm sure there are ways to optimize Arnold render.
Just read the manual.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 25 Feb 2012, 22:06

I already tried to hint subtly that it wasn't a good idea
to make this into a render comparison thread... Please don't!!!
:-$
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

nourvfx

Post by nourvfx » 25 Feb 2012, 22:08

i love arnold to.idont say arnold is bad we have many big project in cinema with arnold like 2012movie alice in wonderful land and many other project.
but i jast test arnold and vray.in lighing we must have separate prameters for control the quality .arnold lighing quality and render quality with to ghader.in vray brutforce i just chang samples from 8 to 32 and we have nice qualty even in interior lighing.arnold in interior lighthing is very very bad result i testing the arnold to show to yours.

nourvfx

Post by nourvfx » 25 Feb 2012, 22:13

mr Hirazi Blue.i dont work in chose groups and i dont have bad acsident wih solid angle .i just testet render engine i test about 20 render engine for we have more info about rendering.thi is my salary

Kzin

Post by Kzin » 25 Feb 2012, 22:19

nourvfx wrote:vray quality is very bettee than arnold .do you can Denial of quality vray on the this two pic witch i loded.
in all of mode GI on vray bruteforce only iradeancemap only and light cash only vray beter than arnold i increase aa samples in arnold from 3 to 10 and my render time in arnold change from 3min to 27min.i think this beter for me i work with vray for hair render
this test .arnold with aasamples is 10 and defult samples
render tim is about 27min
try to match this quality in vray!
the arnold rendering shows way more lighting details then your vray rendering (render in double resolution and you should clearly see it).
match the vray shadowing quality to arnold ones and then say what the rendertimes are.
it simply makes no sense to compare a poor quality rendering against one with much higher quality and then say that the low quality rendering took less time to cook.

nourvfx

Post by nourvfx » 25 Feb 2012, 22:34

ok.i will testing in high resolation.
but in vray pic i dont set sun light in vray this is just env lighing or image based light my frinds.but in arnold i load sun in sense because the the arnold image base light is dark and i must have more bounsing and more totalray wاich it be long time .

Memag

Post by Memag » 25 Feb 2012, 22:43

nourvfx wrote:...we have many big project in cinema with arnold like 2012movie alice in wonderful land and many other project.
Man, I just loved that movie!
Remember this scene ,with Mad Hatter?

Kzin

Post by Kzin » 25 Feb 2012, 22:49

nourvfx wrote:ok.i will testing in high resolation.
but in vray pic i dont set sun light in vray this is just env lighing or image based light my frinds.but in arnold i load sun in sense because the the arnold image base light is dark and i must have more bounsing and more totalray wاich it be long time .
simply use the skydomelight, 1 diffuse bounce and for booth renderers, brute force gi for vray. for the skydomelight an hdr map for illumination without additionel lights.
1 diffuse bounce is more then enough for production shots, its often enough to render skydomelight without diffuse bounces.
it would also be good to use a more complex object instead of a sphere or torus. and thats important, match the lighting and shading quality.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 25 Feb 2012, 23:09

@Memag - I assume you're trying to be funny, but I'm afraid your last post could also be viewed as insulting...
I refrain from judgement, just wanted to let you know! :-?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Memag

Post by Memag » 25 Feb 2012, 23:33

Hirazi Blue wrote:@Memag - I assume you're trying to be funny, but I'm afraid your last post could also be viewed as insulting...
I refrain from judgement, just wanted to let you know! :-?
I realized that, but I thought of it as a satirical piece.
I apologize if I caused damage.
Last edited by Memag on 25 Feb 2012, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.

nourvfx

Post by nourvfx » 25 Feb 2012, 23:41

this post for Vray information.i just want show to xsi users whate is good in Vray.thanks

origin

Post by origin » 25 Feb 2012, 23:54

Well you failed to do that ;)
- arnold render is clearly better quality. Each strand is shaded properly by gi, while in vray you see patches of interpolated gi. This 'toon' look can be achieved with multiple spots+deepshadows.
- you can't use interpolated gi with hairs cause they will flicker
- you can't use lightcache with hairs/thin objects (think pages of a book) cause it will flicker even more
- hair prim in vray is extruded flat quad patch; from the look of this render and video from FMX i would guess that arnold shades 'cylinders'
- brute force gi & vray hair primitive is ultra slow
- transparency on vray hair prim kills rendertimes

(i love vray and done hundreds of commercials with it)

nourvfx

Post by nourvfx » 26 Feb 2012, 00:21

thanks for your good information thanks origin
do have arnold trail and can send to me with email

Memag

Post by Memag » 26 Feb 2012, 00:24

Please stop this nonsense.

nourvfx

Post by nourvfx » 26 Feb 2012, 00:25

i see end of result .i dont see deep of olgoritm render.vray hair i very realise hair like hair cut or hair farm on final render from cebus my frinds.i really like the autodesk buy arnold and solve this problem and put it to softimage .this is very nice idea.but in tme i think vray better for us.thanks