And for the UNBELIEVABLE news..

News concerning 3D DCC business
alonzo

Re: And for the UNBELIEVABLE news..

Post by alonzo » 09 Jul 2009, 20:14

well with FF3.5 its also working here... well why only this one isn't working with safari is strange ;)
Nevercenter Silo / Blender / Autodesk Softimage ModTool

Matic

Post by Matic » 12 Jul 2009, 06:12

It's appreciated. I think the hardcore XSI community tends to lurk more because, well, we're all working hard. That's the up side of a small experienced user base in a time where more studios are needing talent - almost every experienced XSI'er I know has more work than they can handle, even given the economy. That's a strong argument for students and new professionals to get their chops up, by the way. Once you cross a certain threshold of skill with XSI and establish a professional reputation in the community, the work is there. :)

Don't let the lack of posts/views fool you, I know entire studios of guys who are aware of these resources. For every visit/view here, a dozen artists or more will eventuallly get (and appreciate) the information you disseminate. So keep it up, and thanks!

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 12 Jul 2009, 09:28

Matic wrote:It's appreciated. I think the hardcore XSI community tends to lurk more because, well, we're all working hard.
...as opposed to the people actively posting in several communities, who obviously do not (work hard)? :D
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 12 Jul 2009, 15:41

Matic wrote:It's appreciated. I think the hardcore XSI community tends to lurk more because, well, we're all working hard. That's the up side of a small experienced user base in a time where more studios are needing talent - almost every experienced XSI'er I know has more work than they can handle, even given the economy. That's a strong argument for students and new professionals to get their chops up, by the way. Once you cross a certain threshold of skill with XSI and establish a professional reputation in the community, the work is there. :)

Don't let the lack of posts/views fool you, I know entire studios of guys who are aware of these resources. For every visit/view here, a dozen artists or more will eventuallly get (and appreciate) the information you disseminate. So keep it up, and thanks!

Matic, that was post appreciated for these reasons; it was well written; thought out; a reason for us to continue; a reason for companies to support Redi.

I surely understand that people are busy, but honestly I dont believe people are that busy, moreover, its not for us they should post, its for their own sakes. Maybe they have not figured that out yet.

If they do post and Autodesk and other companies "SEE" there are people, the actual people who value the material, who gain from it, they may well be inclined to contribute or contribute more. Possibly even commercial companies who don't want to have the burden, or dilute their other sales, specifically if its a title that just does not sell any more, may well offer it.

To put it bluntly (as my boss would), "Post = An incentive for companies to support Redi, No Post - no new material, your call."

Even if they just post the "titles" they want, that would be a start. Maybe I should start a new thread, and people will "get it". I'll do that.

Cheers
Terry

punchatz

Post by punchatz » 14 Jul 2009, 00:06

I am sure there are plenty of people who are excited about this, I know I am. I think you might not be getting as much of a response due to a few things.

First off when you first made the announcements there was nothing to see...meaning the site was not ready. So the initial reaction to the post was to looking for the site, then realize its not ready.

Second when it went to beta you needed to be Sherlock Holmes to find the password info. I went to the site and saw the pop up for a user and password and did not even see the clue to go look for the password on xsi base or this site.

Third, it takes so long to get to the tutorials once you are into redi-vivus..all those wait for twenty second web pages you HAVE to wade through makes the initial experience a bit sluggish...I was hunting for links to click on...and just happened to notice the fine print that the page would change in 20 seconds, other wise I was ready to give up as I thought maybe something was broken with the site.

You did us all an AMAZING favour by doing this site, one of the most awesome and selfless things I have ever seen. This must have been a HUGE amount of work and you do deserve more kudos than you have received so far.

Great Job!

Greg

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 14 Jul 2009, 02:08

punchatz wrote:I am sure there are plenty of people who are excited about this, I know I am. I think you might not be getting as much of a response due to a few things.

First off when you first made the announcements there was nothing to see...meaning the site was not ready. So the initial reaction to the post was to looking for the site, then realize its not ready.

Second when it went to beta you needed to be Sherlock Holmes to find the password info. I went to the site and saw the pop up for a user and password and did not even see the clue to go look for the password on xsi base or this site.

Third, it takes so long to get to the tutorials once you are into redi-vivus..all those wait for twenty second web pages you HAVE to wade through makes the initial experience a bit sluggish...I was hunting for links to click on...and just happened to notice the fine print that the page would change in 20 seconds, other wise I was ready to give up as I thought maybe something was broken with the site.

You did us all an AMAZING favour by doing this site, one of the most awesome and selfless things I have ever seen. This must have been a HUGE amount of work and you do deserve more kudos than you have received so far.

Great Job!

Greg
The password stuff goes, its just there so like tomorrow I can change it, lock everyone out, and make the changes, without people getting confused, and crashes happening, weird unix stuff getting displayed on the page!! It also does say there to on the dialog where to go. But I guess people dont see that, which is why i been actively posting on the forums :-)

Actually I like the Sherlock Holmes reference, why because sometimes complex apps like Autodesk Softimage are like that... so if you got... 221b Baker St. Your on the road to success :)

The "thanks" pages are staying, we owe that to people who helped, I am instructed to leave that there and rightly so, no one is an island, just look at the list of credits for Transformers 2. :)

And an FYI, after you have read it once, you can bookmark the page that says bookmark me :) So if you prefer not to you don't have to read them again, but everyone should have the courtesy to read them once. That's the way we see it. :)

It was/is a Beta, as there were so many test's to run to make sure all the videos were right, the links worked etc , just some crazy stats for you, the web site is like 900 pages, the back up I did today, took nearly 1GB. And thats no videos, no downloads, just pure web stuff, and that does take a while to get done :-) And I needed many hands to help me do that, that's why its taken a bit of time, I think the dust has now settled and the main downloads go up, and that's that. And again thanks to those who helped with wrong links/typo's etc. Appreciated. :-)

But in the end all we can hope for is that people like value and use the resource, we did want them to post, not just for us, in many ways i think people were thinking I was looking for "oh god. thank you thank you thank you", that's NOT the case, but it was meant for the others that contributed, Joe, Autodesk etc, to let THEM know its valued and worthwhile, and they DID the right thing by giving us the material and that we organize the bandwidth. It's important I think, because it's right to say thanks to them, we dont want them as "unsung hero's", and also because with their ongoing support we can keep the current material add possibly add more even more content. Which I am sure everyone wants.

But in the long run whats it's about is not us but YOU, the reason why Steven did this is he hopes you learn from it, that you take the time, don't just go download crazy, but watch practice and learn as you go, all we can hope for is it helps you in what ever small way so that you become more proficient more professional and get more out of the product and possibly even help you in your career. Maybe we'll see your name in Transformers 3 :)

All the best, thanks for the comments :)

Cheers
Terry

Matic

Post by Matic » 14 Jul 2009, 04:56

Hirazi Blue wrote:
Matic wrote:It's appreciated. I think the hardcore XSI community tends to lurk more because, well, we're all working hard.
...as opposed to the people actively posting in several communities, who obviously do not (work hard)? :D
Yeah! Uh, I mean... No! Errr, they're just better at multitasking, that's all. ;)

calmasacow

Post by calmasacow » 21 Jul 2009, 16:12

so Is redi vivus coming back or what I have been sending people there but all they are getting is :
UPDATING THE SERVER

WHILE THIS HAPPENS THE SITE MAYBE UNAVAILABLE

PLEASE VISIT AGAIN TOMORROW

How much longer is it going to be like this?

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 21 Jul 2009, 16:30

calmasacow wrote:so Is redi vivus coming back or what I have been sending people there but all they are getting is :
UPDATING THE SERVER

WHILE THIS HAPPENS THE SITE MAYBE UNAVAILABLE

PLEASE VISIT AGAIN TOMORROW

How much longer is it going to be like this?

You don't sound calmasacow do you... ;)

people are uploading material as we speak...to improve their performance, downloads have been halted.

When they are done + a day or so, so i can work on them, downloads will be made available, in the mean time you can still watch the online videos.

Cheers
Terry

mike_b

Post by mike_b » 22 Jul 2009, 08:05

Just wanted to add my thanks to the guys at Letterbox - these tuts are an invaluable resource! Thanks for making so much content available and for all your hard work in setting it up.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 22 Jul 2009, 12:24

Sorry, but wouldn't it be a nice idea to add the notice about the server update
on "index1.php", instead of "index4.php"? :-\

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 22 Jul 2009, 15:33

Hirazi Blue wrote:Sorry, but wouldn't it be a nice idea to add the notice about the server update
on "index1.php", instead of "index4.php"? :-\
There you go, new an improved :)

Cheers
Terry

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 22 Jul 2009, 16:10

Okay, so now the notice has changed...
But it still seems to appear on "index4.php" and not sooner,
so I doubt, if you understood, what I meant... :D

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 22 Jul 2009, 16:17

Hirazi Blue wrote:Okay, so now the notice has changed...
But it still seems to appear on "index4.php" and not sooner,
so I doubt, if you understood, what I meant... :D
I did, but the BOSS, wants the first pages as they are, I have learned not to argue with him. ;)

Cheers
Terry

farhaad_yousefi

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 22 Jul 2009, 16:21

:-?? what was that.?!

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 22 Jul 2009, 19:45

Redi-Vivus.com

The server is offline until the weekend or until the uploaders have completed. This is to ensure the upload'ers get the best connection and all the bandwidth they need. Thank you.