question: softimage for sale after 2014?

Discussions about migration to other software
luchifer

question: softimage for sale after 2014?

Post by luchifer » 01 Jun 2014, 20:52

Hi, will Autodesk still sell softimage 2015 after 2014? I ask because I want to know if I can continue using XSI on my work pipeline (wich, with C4D is all I need right now), and still be able to buy copies of 2015 in 2018 for example.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: question: softimage for sale after 2014?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 01 Jun 2014, 22:03

The so-called "softimage_last_release_announcement_faq_update_mar7.pdf" (attached for good measure) had the following to say about this:
As of March 28, 2014 only existing Softimage customers will be able to purchase new or additional seats of Softimage by purchasing either the Maya with Softimage or 3ds Max with Softimage transition offerings. These transition offerings will be available for purchase at the cost of $3,675 US SRP* for the duration of the transition period (approximately two years (see question 5)). These transition offerings will also be available as rental plans for purchase at the cost of $575 US SRP quarterly, or $1,840 US SRP annually. After the two year transition period customers will no longer be able to purchase or rent new Softimage licenses from Autodesk.
The most recent update "Softimage Last Release Announcement_FAQ_UPDATE_MAY_20.pdf", currently available from here doesn't mention buying additional seats anymore.
What to make of this? I honestly don't know. I assume the "update_mar7" information on additional seats to be still valid, but don't sue me, if I'm wrong...
:-ss
Attachments
softimage_last_release_announcement_faq_update_mar7.zip
LEGACY FAQ - USE AT OWN RISK...
(169.32 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

jill.ramsay

Re: question: softimage for sale after 2014?

Post by jill.ramsay » 02 Jun 2014, 01:37

Hi guys,
Yes, you can still buy new seats of the bundle during the transition period. I'm sorry for the confusion, we tried to simplify things but possibly went too far in that direction. As per the FAQ, please direct any questions that you still have to softimage.transition.plan@autodesk.com.

Thanks,
Jill